The police charged Abdulsalam, a resident of Shogunle, Lagos, with impersonation.
The Police Prosecutor, Insp. Josephine Ikhayere, told the court that the defendant committed the offence on Dec.18, 2018 at Agege Motor Road, Shogunle, Lagos.
Ikhayere said that the defendant was dismissed from Nigeria Army in 2017.
She said that the defendant was arrested wearing a military camouflage but had no identification card.
The defendant, she added, was taken to the police station where he confessed that he was dismissed from the army but still wears the camouflage to extort people to earn a living.
The offence, she said, contravened the provisions of Section 78 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Section 78 prescribes three years jail term for impersonation.
Following his plea of not guilty, Magistrate Mrs A.K Dosunmu, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N200,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Dosunmu ordered that the sureties must be gainfully employed and show evidences of two years tax payment to the Lagos State Government(LASG).
She adjourned the case until March 18, for trial .
edited by Sadiya Hamza
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies