Suleiman, recently appointed Special Adviser on Health Matters to Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazak of Kwara, made the advocacy during a two-day symposium tagged: “Partnership for Health Innovation in Kwara State,” holding in Ilorin.
In tele-health, the devices can be used to upload food logs, medications, dosing and blood sugar levels for review by a medical practitioner who responds electronically.
He also said for health care services to develop in the country, there must be use of data to develop policies.
The special adviser emphasised the need for a collective effort to evolve a health system that would work for all.
He expressed hope that the outcome of the symposium would bring out workable recommendations to help government improve on the health sector.
The don noted that people now lived in a digital age which entailed thinking ahead and adding value to patients through digital technology.
- U.S. Seattle announces curfew for weekend after protests
- S. Africa allows phased reopening of tourism amid COVID-19
- New Zealand reports no new COVID-19 case for 9 consecutive days
- S. Africa’s COVID-19 cases surpass 30,000
- Rwanda reports first COVID-19 death
- 1st LD Writethru: 5.3-magnitude quake hits 1210 km N of Acarau, Brazil — USGS
- Los Angeles declares curfew after four days of protests
- Belgium’s hospitality industry heavily affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Portuguese president, PM pay tribute to firefighters amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Hundreds of people arrested after protests against police brutality in Los Angeles
- Cuba backs WHO after U.S. announces terminating relationship
- Spotlight: NASA, SpaceX launch first crewed mission from U.S. soil since 2011
- Feature: Deported Salvadoran recalls dangerous conditions, inadequate care at U.S. detention center during pandemic
- People protest in U.S. Oakland over police-custody death of George Floyd
- Global COVID-19 cases top 6 mln — Johns Hopkins University
- SpaceX launches NASA astronauts into orbit on historic mission
- COVID-19 cases in Chile rise to 94,858, with 997 deaths
- Belgium expresses support for WHO
- Roundup: Over 530 arrested in U.S. LA after protests over death of George Floyd turn violent
- Roundup: Turkey’s COVID-19 cases surpass 163,000 as Iran’s tally nears 149,000