A truck driver, Wasiu Aderemi and his conductor, Ismail Yussuf, on Tuesday appeared in an Igbosere Magistrates’ Court, Lagos for allegedly stealing a truck worth N13.5 million.
The police charged Aderemi, 32 and Yussuf, 27, whose addresses were not given, with two counts of conspiracy and theft.
They, however, pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Steven Molo, told the court that the defendants committed the offence on June 24, at 4 p.m. at Wandel International Nigeria Ltd, Acme Road, Ikeja.
Molo alleged that the defendants stole a Mack Truck with registration number: AKD 109 XR, belonging to the complainant, Mr Waheed Okunola.
He alleged that the defendants were arrested with the truck.
The offence, he said, contravened the provisions of sections 287 and 411 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Nigeria News Agency reports that Section 287 provides three years imprisonment for stealing, while Section 411 stipulates two years imprisonment for conspiracy.
Magistrate H.O. Omisore admitted the defendants to bail in the sum of N100, 000 each with two sureties each in like sum.
Omisore adjourned the case until Nov.11 for mention.
Edited by Angela Okisor/Sadiya Hamza
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study