A 40-year-old driver, Yahaya Yakubu, 40, on Wednesday appeared before a Karmo Grade I Area Court in the Federal Capital Territory(FCT) for allegedly receiving a stolen armoured cables worth N406,000.
The police charged Yakubu, who resides in Idu Industrial Area of Abuja, with receiving stolen property.
The Prosecution Counsel, Mrs Ijeoma Ukagha, told the court that on June 24, one Isaac Onoja of Danisville Plaza reported the matter at the Karmo Police Station.
Ukagha informed the court that at 3.30 a.m. one Amos Shadrack and other, now at large conspired and stole amoured cable valued at N406, 000.
She added that Yakubu knew that Shadrack stole the said amoured cable and yet bought the stolen items from them.
Ukagha said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 317 ‘A ‘ of the Penal Code.
The Judge, Alhaji Inuwa Maiwada, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N450, 000 with one surety in like sum.
Maiwada ordered that the surety must have reasonable means of livelihood and must reside within the court’s jurisdiction.
He adjourned the case until Aug. 5 for hearing.
Edited By: Shittu Obassa/Sadiya Hamza (NAN)
- NSE: Turnover rises by 86.97%, other indices down 0.15%
- ICRC, FRSC to establish safe driving academies
- France pays tribute to aid workers killed in Niger
- Police arrest father for alleged incarceration of 30-year-old son
- Election: Stay to defend your vote, Obaseki tells electorate
- Federal lawmaker commends Buhari over loan initiative
- FRSC decries rising spate of car theft in Jos
- Enugu state govt. demolishes twin duplex for blocking waterway
- Plateau South Senatorial by-election: PDP urges free, fair poll
- Ohakim, Obinna, others eulogize late former Imo HoS, Ndugbu