Sule, while inaugurating the training in Lafia, noted that it had become imperative in order for the state to be in tune with global best practice.
“The essence is to bring our civil and public servants up to date on digital technology.
“When our administration came on board, we reviewed the operation of the civil service and discovered that a lot of our workers, including some permanent secretaries were not computer literate,’’ Sule said.
He pointed out that transparency, a core principle of his administration, could only be attained through e-governance.
“E-governance will reduce bureaucracy, improve ease of doing business, reduce wastages, block leakages and improve our revenue base,’’ he said.
He said that apart from providing ICT training, government would also provide workers with laptops and other accessories on a loan basis to be deducted from their salaries.
Mr Abari Aboki, the state Head of Civil Service explained that the training was targeted at 10,000 workers from grade level 7 to directorate cadre.
Aboki said the programme would feature one month theoretical and two months practical for all the participants.
According to Aboki, the training will hold, at least two hours daily in various ministries.
The head of service explained that the laptops would be given to willing civil servant at the rate of N140, 000 per unit.
He added that the cost would be deducted from their salaries for a period of 12 months.
Mr Bright Adeola, Manager Brightland Computer, technical partners for the training commended the State Government for the initiative.
Adeola said the training would equip workers with ICT knowledge and put them at par with their counterparts all over the world.(NAN)
Edited by Cecilia Odey/Ali Baba-Inuwa
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study