Gov. Hope Uzodimma of Imo has relaxed the ongoing lockdown in the state over Coronavirus pandemic on Friday to enable residents shop for food items for the Easter celebration.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information, Mr Declan Emelumba and issued to newsmen on Thursday.
Emelumba said that food markets and food vending supermarkets would be allowed to operate from 6am to 6pm on Friday.
He urged the public to adhere strictly to the time allowed and ensure that they shopped only for food items.
He said boutiques and all other non food markets and outlets should remain closed.
“Our Muslim and Christian faithful should, therefore, note that they can only worship online or through the electronic media.
“The total lockdown of the state resumes with full force from Saturday April 11.
“Security agencies are under firm orders to ensure that the lockdown order is strictly adhered to and those caught in violation would be promptly arrested and prosecuted,” he said.
= = = = = = = = = =
Edited By: Edith Bolokor/Maureen Atuonwu
- 4 police officers fired in U.S. Minnesota over death of black man
- U.S. VP Pence’s press secretary returns to work after testing positive
- LatAm economic climate index falls to three-decade low
- U.S. Texas further opens up amid pandemic
- LASG cautions developers against roads abuse
- Spotlight: Europeans continue to heal economic wounds, infections top 2 mln
- Ratcliffe sworn in as U.S. spy chief
- COVID-19: Gov. El-Rufai extends Kaduna lockdown by 2 weeks
- Romania to take new relaxation measures from June 1: minister
- PDP hails FG over successes against banditry, other crimes in Zamfara
- Roundup: New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
- New York governor rings opening bell at exchange as traders return
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo
- Feature: Pandemic-hit Ecuador faces uncertain economic future, say experts
- ‘Presidential directive’ on 150 memos is fake news – Presidency
- 875 people commit suicide during lockdown period in Nepal
- 3 U.S. soldiers wounded in ambush attack in eastern Syria
- Tinubu commiserates with Telegraph Newspaper over Editor’s death
- COVID-19: Let’s put our trust in Allah to end pandemic – Ife Chief Imam
- Germany to extend contact restrictions untill June 29