Abdullahi GanaThe Commandant-General, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), has called on Christians to pray for the peace in the nation during the Easter and appealed for a peaceful celebration.
The commandant-general felicitated with them on the occasion, adding that they should live the exemplary life as preached by Christ, who sacrificed himself for the sins and redemption of mankind.
He noted that Easter comes with fasting, praying and admonishing for the atonement of sin, reconciliation, tolerance and making peace with one another.
“Therefore, Easter festivity should not be seen as a time of merriment and funfare alone but should be seen as a time of tolerating one another irrespective of religious differences,’’ he said in a statement by the Corps spokesman, Emmanuel Okeh.
Gana directed all state commands to carry out massive deployment of personnel to beef up security across the nation during the period.
He said they should complement the deployment with sniffer dogs, specialised units such as Special Force, Counter Terrorism, Ambulances and Surveillance team in strategic areas.
Gana also directed the commands to ensure the protection of critical infrastructure within their localities.
He charged the personnel to work in synergy with sister agencies, saying that the corps would not tolerate any form of sabotage and crisis between them and the other agencies over issues that could be avoided.
He vowed that there would be no hiding place for vandals, illegal oil bunkerers, oil thieves and operatives of illegal private guard companies.
Edited By: Johnson Eyiangho/Peter Ejiofor)
- Belgium registers 137 new infections, 36 new deaths
- COVID-19 cases in Palestine rise to 613
- FG to inaugurate 200,000 capacity yam storage facility in Benue on June 9
- France GDP likely to contract by 20 pct in Q2, says national statistics bureau
- COVID-19 accelerates digital transformation of African agriculture value chains
- Alleged N570m fraud: Absence of EFCC’s counsel stalls Oyo-Ita’s trial
- Children’s Day: Don seeks more funds for public education
- Expert tasks landscape architects on appropriate horticultural practice
- Residents get COVID-19 test in Brasilia, Brazil
- Kenya’s flower exports increase as EU eases lockdown
- Armed Robbery: Court sentences 2 persons to death by hanging in Osun
- European Commission proposes borrowing 750 bln euros as recovery fund
- France bans hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 amid safety concerns
- Lebanese PM emphasizes “need for UNIFIL amid security threats by Israel”
- Wharton dean urges better global leadership amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Iran’s COVID-19 cases surpass 140,000
- Kuwait records 23,267 COVID-19 cases, 175 deaths
- Japan approves ¥31.9trn supplement budget amid virus crisis
- Inculcate problem solving ability, skills in Children- NASFAT Chief Missioner
- Childrens’ Day: NGO distributes diapers to pregnant mothers in Bauchi