The Acting Governor of Ebonyi, Dr Kelechi Igwe has urged Nigerians to support the armed forces in their efforts to protect the nation from the current security challenges.
According to him, the military is invaluable to any nation’s existence.
The acting governor said that any nation that did not accord its military friendly and accommodating reception had planned to fail.
“The engagement of the military in civil and military operations has guaranteed security, peace and sovereignty of nations.
“Any nation that has not put its military together has always failed not only in terms of external aggression but in implosion within the country,” he said.
He welcomed the study tour team to the state, assuring them that the Local Government council chairmen would guide it in its research and interactions in the state.
“You should take particular notice of our yam and rice and use the rice as a signpost that you have the best rice in the country.
“ you conclude your sojourn in the state, the state governor must have been around to ask you questions on how you fared.
“We will then enrich your knowledge more on things you have seen because we are a people with rich cultural heritage, economic and social potentials,” he said.
Brig.-Gen. Victor Ebhaleme, the Study Team Leader expressed its happiness to be in Ebonyi whicg was known for its rich rice potentials and infrastructural developmental strides.
“The team visiting Ebonyi consists of 51 members who include four members of the teaching and administrative staff and 29 student officers.
“We also have a directing staff from Ghana on exchange programme, one international student from Gambia and students from the Nigerian Customs Service, among others,” he said,
He said that the tour would enable the team members have knowledge of Ebonyi, carry out on-the- spot assessment, research into its theme and proffer workable solutions in relation to the state.
“The team will also know about the state’s history, geography, culture and socio-economic development that have made it outstanding in the area of governance in the country,” he said.
Edited by Maureen Atuonwu
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union
- Review: Sean Tizzle’s single ‘Contagious’, not enough for a hit record
- Katsina state govt. pays N208m WAEC fees for 21,589 candidates–Commissioner
- Opadokun, NADECO leader, seeks more libraries to boost reading culture
- Review: Teni Apata’s music, personality evolution draws mixed feelings
- Ministry of power seeks collaboration with agencies for improved power supply
- Kano State targets 3.8m children for meningitis vaccination
- Focus, Funding, keys to having to a great musical career- Toby
- Institute tasks FG on tourism, hospitality sector
- Boxing: NIDCOM boss, Dabiri-Erewa applauds Joshua’s victory over Ruiz Jr.
- Christmas: We are capable of meeting demands- Nasarawa Rice Millers
- Cleric urges Christians to live exemplary lives
- Nutrition Survey will lead to improved quality healthcare – Experts
- RIFAN urges FG to sustain border closure
- Fireboy DML debuts best album to close 2019
- Style Review: the return of pleated skirts
- National Public Safety Security System: Police Affairs Ministry sets up committee for smooth take-off
- Expert urges FG to sensitise Nigerians on $29.96bn foreign loan
- ‘Muna’ suggests new career angle for Adesua Etomi-Wellington
- BASA will strengthen cultural ties, deepen unity amongst personnel – CAS
- Nigeria on cause to raise Olympic champions in gymnastic – Coach Asuquo
- FG to introduce new visa regime to boost economy
- Expo 2020 in Dubai: What Benefits to Africa?
- Boxing: I’m happy Joshua won back his respect, says Isaac Ikhouria
- Boxing: Joshua takes revenge on Ruiz in Saudi Arabia rematch
- Buhari salutes Anthony Joshua on comeback victory
- DSS says Sowore’s rearrest video, mischief, meant for propagandist purpose
- NGO wants HIV test as component of routine ante natal care
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars