A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Edo, Alhaji Kabiru Adjoto, has appealed to President Muhammadu Buhari to step into the party’s crisis in the state.
The APC chieftain said that the president’s intervention would ensure the victory of the party in the September governorship election in the state.
Adjoto, noted that the crisis rocking the party in the state was becoming increasingly embarrassing.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed the primaries for the Edo governorship election for June 22, while the gubernatorial election will hold on Sept. 19.
The development has stoked the battle of supremacy between the two factions of the APC in the state.
Adjoto, however, said that “the resolution of the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party empowers state chapters to choose a mode of primaries based on peculiarities.
“Edo state APC stakeholders have met and agreed on an indirect mode of primaries as the most suitable in the face of COVID-19 and for the fact that the state chapter lacks a comprehensive register of members,’’ he said.
He urged the president and other stakeholders to dialogue with the National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, to avert the party being defeated in the September election.
“Obaseki’s victory is certain and he is constant as the Northern star. All those opposing him within and outside the party will eventually bow and vote for him.
“My advice to the National Working Committee (NWC) of APC is to play by the rules to avoid plunging Edo into crisis,’’ Adjoto said.
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- NSCDC Commandant General gives N.8m to families of deceased officers in Ondo State
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Ronaldo draws blank as Sassuolo hold jittery Juventus
- Kaduna Govt to upgrade ICT infrastructure in tertiary institutions -Commissioner
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Court fixes July 21 for suit seeking to stop Senate from screening 11 nominees as judges