The Edo Government has decried the increase in cult-related killings in the state.
In a statement issued on Thursday, Mr Crusoe Osagie, the Special Adviser to the state governor on Media and Communication Strategy, said the state government would not condone acts of violence.
He said that anyone who exploited delinquent youths to cause mayhem in the state would not be spared.
Osagie said it had become expedient to sound a note of warning to persons disrupting public peace and security in the state.
He noted that the government had directed security agencies in the state to bring violators to book.
“We are working closely with the Nigeria Police Force and other relevant security agencies in the state to arrest the rise in cult clashes.
“We assure that these clashes will be contained,’’ he said.
Osagie appealed to parents to keep a close eye on their wards and children and monitor their whereabouts so they would not be used to do the bidding of desperate persons.
Edited By: Bayo Sekoni/Adeleye Ajayi
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- Plateau Govt. Establishes COVID-19 Eradication Fund for the vulnerable
- COVID-19 FCTA stops church programme, wedding reception
- Kaduna lockdown: Traditional leader urges citizens to be law abiding.
- Akure explosion: Federal lawmaker commiserates with victims
- COVID-19: Abia govt. orders closure of land borders
- Covid 19: 2 Islamic clerics arrested for conducting congregational in Kaduna
- Cancer patients, worse hit by COVID-19- Medical Mission
- COVID-19: Plateau speaker decries low compliance with preventive measures
- Coronavirus : Federal lawmaker donates 2 months’ salary to constituents
- COVID-19: Presidency refutes report on N30,000 relief package