Edo Government has expressed its readiness to partner with the Nigerian Breweries in taking sporting activities to a greater height in the state.
Shaibu said the visit to the stadium was a result of the state government’s quest to actualise the dream of bringing back sports to Edo.
“The Executive Director, Marketing, of the Nigerian Breweries, Oriaki Emmanuel, and his team are here to see for themselves what we have been doing and where we can partner to develop sports in the state.
“The management of the Nigerian Breweries will not put money where they are not sure of making profit, so I need to show him what we are doing here.
“In terms of extent of work, it’s improving on a daily basis, as you can see that the lights and the control office are almost completed,” he said.
In his remarks, the breweries’ marketing director described the stadium of meeting international standards.
“The work here is very impressive.
“This meets with international standards that we always speak about in this country. And as Nigerian breweries, we always support sports in the country,” he said.
Edited by Moses Solanke/Felix Ajide
- LASWA partners food, beverage coys on removal of debris on waterways
- Kenya’s lending cap repeal removes hurdle to rate cut – cenbank governor
- Taiwan to take delivery of 66 F-16 fighter jets from U.S by 2026
- Swine flu kills fourth person in Vietnam in 2019
- South Africa’s Telkom in deal talks despite plunging profit
- Combination of mushroom extracts boosts immune system – Aussie research
- Visa to acquire stake in Nigeria’s Interswitch
- Egypt’s central bank seen making third straight cut to key rates – Survey
- Oil prices gain as market awaits signals on U.S.-China trade talks
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers