The governor said this when the National Vice-President of Nigerian Association of Patent and Proprietary Medicine Dealers (NAPPMED),Mr Evere Igunma,visited him in Benin on Monday.
Obaseki noted that the new revenue collection process would eliminate multiple taxes as well as improve transparency in the process.
“We want to stabilise your levies and taxes so that we agree on the total revenue to collect from you, and that you pay only once and to one authority.
“So, we need to know your members in the state and where you operate from, and help you shut down unregistered members,” the governor said.
He urged the association to create a small contact committee to work with the commissioners for Wealth Creation, Cooperatives and Employment, Health and Chairman of the State Board of Internal Revenue on the new revenue collection process.
Obaseki solicited the support of the body as his administration re-positioned primary health care centres in the state.
“We are strengthening our primary health care centres to increase patient access to health care and we want you to support us in this area,” the governor said.
Earlier, Igunma commended the governor for the reforms in the state.
He said that the state chapter of the body had endorsed the governor for a second tenure.
Edited by Folorunso Poroye/Wale Ojetimi
- South African Airways cancels almost all flights for Friday, Saturday
- 2 men in court over alleged unlawful possession of cartridges
- Nigerian Armed Forces shine at international sports
- 2 years since arrest, Cambodian journalists await spying verdict
- Exiled Cambodian opposition leader arrives Indonesia
- Italian police seize over a tonne of cocaine in banana container
- Kogi elections: Group urges politicians to eschew violence, hate speech
- 17 injured in blasts at south-eastern Turkey Ammunition depot
- Philippines deports 312 Chinese nationals for telecom fraud
- Indian court delays ruling on ban on women entering Hindu temple
- Health Training Initiative increases accreditation status, academic performance – Registrar
- Oil rises after OPEC’s Barkindo says U.S. shale growth may slow in 2020
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business