Mr Kayode Alabi, the Deputy Governor of Kwara, on Thursday, in Ilorin, said quality education and commercial farming were key to the progress and development of the country.
Alabi made this submission at the inauguration of an agricultural outfit, Heart and Capital Nigeria Limited.
He, therefore, urged youths to embrace agriculture so as to enhance the future of the state and the nation in general.
According to him, the new government in the state is ready and determined to support any progressive initiative, aimed at taking the state to the next level.
The deputy governor expressed confidence in the ability of the state to feed the nation with its abundant human and natural resources.
He called on the people, especially the youth, to key into the various agricultural potential in the state for self reliance and national development.
Alabi lauded the initiators of the outfit and implored them not to be discouraged, as they would reap the fruits of their labour in due course.
Earlier in his address, the chairman of the agric outfit, Mr Umar Adelodun, said that the company, which started in 2015, had engaged more than 4,000 youths yearly to take agrobusiness to the next level.
Adelodun also lauded the state government for its support for the organisation and pledged that the company would not let the state down.
- Fintiri mourns ex-gov., Juta, declares 3 days mourning
- A’ Ibom Govt. sensitises 948 flood prone coastal villages
- UAE donates 7.5 tonnes of medical supplies to Nigerian Govt.
- Police arrest human trafficking kingpin in Katsina State
- Lagos-Ibadan Rail to begin operations with 16 trips daily – NRC
- Our borrowings are justified – FG says
- Military airstrike hits bandits’ camp, kills scores in Kaduna forest
- Ondo State governorship election: APC inaugurates national campaign council
- Number of migrants landing in Italy more than doubles in past year
- Sodomy: NAPTIP arrests labourer for luring 12 children in Sokoto