Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry and the European Union (EU) High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Josep Borrell discussed mutual ties on Friday.
During a phone conversation, both officials highlighted the importance of continuing constructive cooperation between the two sides in order to strengthen the partnership in various fields, Egyptian foreign ministry said in a statement.
Shoukry expressed appreciation for the recent support provided by the EU to Egypt to develop its health sector, the statement said, adding that they have also touched ways to counter the spread of the coronavirus.
Shoukry and Borrell also discussed many regional issues, especially the latest developments in the Palestinian cause and efforts to resume the peace process based on the two-state solution.
The latest developments in Libya were also discussed, where the Egyptian minister stressed the importance of reaching a comprehensive political settlement, and the need to restore security and eliminate terrorism in order to achieve the desired stability for the Libyan people.
They discussed the issue of the controversial Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) which Ethiopia is building on the Nile River, stressing the importance of reaching an agreement and refraining from taking any unilateral measures.
- I am battling a gang-up, says Bauchi governor
- Anniversary: Nasarawa community hails Sule’s administration on security, projects
- Tennis’ world number 11 undergoes surgery on both ankles
- Navy reaches out to households in Ogun community
- Law enforcement training institute to train officers on use of body camera
- S. Korea’s daily COVID-19 tally drops below 40 amid push to contain cluster infection
- Competitive sports in England get green light for Monday restart
- COVID-19: Federal Poly produces hand washing and sanitiding machines
- AFAN cautions members against adulterated fertilizers purchase
- More soldiers to patrol Minneapolis as unrest takes hold nationwide
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Bauchi Gov. mourns ex-NNPC GMD, Baru
- Experts call for inclusive slums upgrade in Lagos,other cities
- COVID-19: Police Area Commander donates N400,000 worth food items, PPE, to officers wives in Warri
- MAN reports unsold inventory of N420bn
- LCCI seeks regional collaboration on agriculture
- Body of ex-Edo Commissioner recovered 14 days after abduction
- Russian COVID-19 cases exceed 390,000
- Police parade fake soldier in Jos
- Stockbrokers urge Nigerians to support FG’s growth plan through Sukuk