Former Anambra governor, Mr Peter Obi, has urged Muslims to pray for Nigeria to attain true greatness.
Obi, who was the Vice-Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 General Elections, made the call in a statement on Saturday.
The statement was issued to felicitate with Muslims as they ended the 30-day Ramadan fasting and prayers.
Obi said that Nigerians needed to intensify their prayers for the nation’s progress.
He said that the Eid-el-Fitr had prepared the faithful with the needed spiritual strength to approach God for His compassion on the nation.
Obi also enjoined the Muslims to use the period to pray to Allah to forgive Nigerians their trespasses and help rescue the country.
“Let us use this solemn time to ask God to end the endless blood-letting in our land and help re-direct our leadership at all levels so they can put the country first in all they do,” he said.
He said that it would take leaders with the fear of God to steer the nation’s affairs.
Obi, who wished all Muslims a happy Sallah, reminded them that the sacrifice of fasting for 30 days should be translated into kindness and good deeds in their relationship with others.
Edited /Oluwole Sogunle
- Bayern Munich with one hand on league title after 1-0 win at Dortmund
- Palliative: Kano Govt denies destroying FG foodstuff
- Afghanistan begins freeing 900 Taliban prisoners, urges truce extension
- APA wants forensic examination of election materials in Enugu South LGA
- Leipzig Captain Poulsen out with ligament injury
- Global film festival aims to bridge coronavirus distances
- Real Madrid forward, Bale, questions critics of golf hobby
- Katsina Gov’t investigates causes of unusual rise in death rate
- LIRS further extends deadline for filing Annual Tax Returns to June 30
- Man United in talks with Ighalo’s club over Nigerian star’s future
- Kano Govt. clarifies on ongoing work at Sani Abatcha isolation centre
- Ondo 2020: No automatic ticket for Agboola — PDP
- Zoho offers guidance on right software for non technology companies
- Forensic Audit: NDDC 2019 budget was padded with over 500 fake projects – MD
- ACCI calls for stronger Nigeria-India economic relations
- UNECA encourages Africa to invest on digital transformation
- Sanwo-Olu commiserates with New Telegraph over editor’s death
- EEDC warns against obstruction of power line, condoles with family of Nnewi electrocution victim
- France reports more than 28,500 coronavirus deaths
- Gov. Matawalle appoints new Emir of Kaura Namoda