The Minority Leader of the House of representatives, Rep. Ndudi Elumelu, (PDP-Delta) has urged Muslim faithfuls to use the Eid-el Fitr celebration to activate the much desired national rebirth.
In a congratulatory message on behalf of the minority caucus on Saturday in Abuja, Elumelu said that Eid-el Fitr presents a fresh opportunity for a national regeneration in all aspects of life.
“As a nation, we must use this period for deep introspection and rekindle the virtues of forgiveness, tolerance, love for one another and commitment to the stability and progress of our dear nation and humanity at large.
“Indeed, the successful completion of the Ramadan fast as well as our commitment to prayers and supplications during the period, strongly confirm our individual and collective trust in God in the determination to excel as a united people,” he said.
He called on Nigerians to spread the joy of the Eid-el Fitr by reaching out to one another at this critical time.
Elumelu added that with unity and trust in God, Nigeria will definitely overcome all her challenges and once again stand tall among the comity of nations.
He urged Nigerians to ensure strict adherence to all safety protocols on COVID-19 as they observe the Eid-el Fitr.
Edited By: Modupe Adeloye/Felix Ajide (NAN)
- U.S. VP Pence’s press secretary returns to work after testing positive
- LatAm economic climate index falls to three-decade low
- U.S. Texas further opens up amid pandemic
- LASG cautions developers against roads abuse
- Spotlight: Europeans continue to heal economic wounds, infections top 2 mln
- Ratcliffe sworn in as U.S. spy chief
- COVID-19: Gov. El-Rufai extends Kaduna lockdown by 2 weeks
- Romania to take new relaxation measures from June 1: minister
- PDP hails FG over successes against banditry, other crimes in Zamfara
- Roundup: New York Stock Exchange partially reopens as U.S. COVID-19 deaths near 100,000
- New York governor rings opening bell at exchange as traders return
- Teenage Saruni dreams of debut Olympics in Tokyo
- Feature: Pandemic-hit Ecuador faces uncertain economic future, say experts
- ‘Presidential directive’ on 150 memos is fake news – Presidency
- 875 people commit suicide during lockdown period in Nepal
- 3 U.S. soldiers wounded in ambush attack in eastern Syria
- Tinubu commiserates with Telegraph Newspaper over Editor’s death
- COVID-19: Let’s put our trust in Allah to end pandemic – Ife Chief Imam
- Germany to extend contact restrictions untill June 29
- Bayern Munich with one hand on league title after 1-0 win at Dortmund