Sen. Oluremi Tinubu, representing Lagos Central Senatorial District, on Friday commended Muslim faithful for their resilience, dedication and self-sacrifice as they complete the Ramadan.
Tinubu, in a statement in Lagos,
urged all not to be carried away with the celebration of the Eid-el-Fitr, but to be mindful of the directives and protocols put in place to protect the society at large.
“While we may not be celebrating communally as we have been doing in prior years, we must remember the vulnerable in our midst, lending a helping hand to those we can around us.
“Our total reliance on God in times like this, when help seems far fetched, brings to the fore, the greatness of God and the best in us.
“Interestingly, times like this are also a good time to birth new ideas and unearth discoveries for our survival, and for charting the way forward,”she said.
Tinubu noted that exigencies of a global pandemic and the resulting lockdown had greatly affected a number of things, including our norms.
According to her, like no other year in this lifetime, 2020 would not be forgotten in a hurry.
“We must therefore continue in the teachings of love, tolerance, discipline, self-control, and piousness, while praying continually for restoration of all that we have lost to this pandemic.
“I congratulate Muslim faithful in Lagos Central Senatorial District, Lagos State and Nigeria on the successful observance of the Ramadan fast and commemoration of Eid-el-Fitr.
“l commend your resilience, dedication and self-sacrifice in partaking in this very important pillar of the Islamic faith.
“I felicitate with you all and wish you the blessings of the season. Eid Mubarak!” she said.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Gov. Mohammed sacks director over alleged financial scam
- COVID-19: NGO sensitises Taraba residents on personal hygiene, use of face masks
- Body commends Kaduna for social register dev’t
- I am battling a gang-up, says Bauchi governor
- Anniversary: Nasarawa community hails Sule’s administration on security, projects
- Tennis’ world number 11 undergoes surgery on both ankles
- Navy reaches out to households in Ogun community
- Law enforcement training institute to train officers on use of body camera
- S. Korea’s daily COVID-19 tally drops below 40 amid push to contain cluster infection
- Competitive sports in England get green light for Monday restart
- COVID-19: Federal Poly produces hand washing and sanitiding machines
- AFAN cautions members against adulterated fertilizers purchase
- More soldiers to patrol Minneapolis as unrest takes hold nationwide
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Bauchi Gov. mourns ex-NNPC GMD, Baru
- Experts call for inclusive slums upgrade in Lagos,other cities
- COVID-19: Police Area Commander donates N400,000 worth food items, PPE, to officers wives in Warri
- MAN reports unsold inventory of N420bn
- LCCI seeks regional collaboration on agriculture
- Body of ex-Edo Commissioner recovered 14 days after abduction