The Sultan of Sokoto Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has declared Sunday May 24, as the 1st day of Shawwal 1441AH.
Abubakar said this in a statement by Prof. Sambo Junaidu the Chairman of Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs of Sultanate Council in Sokoto on Friday.
“The Sultanate Council Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs working in conjunction with the National Moon Sighting Committee did not receive any report of moon slighting in the country.
“This means that Friday May 22 is the 29th day of Ramadan 1441AH. Therefore, Saturday May 23, is the 30th day of Ramadan 1441AH.
“The Sultan of Sokoto and President General, Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs has declared Sunday May 24, as the first day of Shawwal 1441AH,” Junaidu said.
He felicitated with the Muslim Ummah and wished them Allah’s guidance and blessing.
Junaidu urged the Muslim Ummah to continue to pray for peace, progress and development of the country, while celebrating Eid-el-Fitr.
Edited By: Ali Baba-Inuwa (NAN)
- Ukraine cancels match after some players, staff test positive for coronavirus
- Buhari felicitates with UNILAG VC, Prof. Ogundipe at 60
- Gov. Mohammed sacks director over alleged financial scam
- COVID-19: NGO sensitises Taraba residents on personal hygiene, use of face masks
- Body commends Kaduna for social register dev’t
- I am battling a gang-up, says Bauchi governor
- Anniversary: Nasarawa community hails Sule’s administration on security, projects
- Tennis’ world number 11 undergoes surgery on both ankles
- Navy reaches out to households in Ogun community
- Law enforcement training institute to train officers on use of body camera
- S. Korea’s daily COVID-19 tally drops below 40 amid push to contain cluster infection
- Competitive sports in England get green light for Monday restart
- COVID-19: Federal Poly produces hand washing and sanitiding machines
- AFAN cautions members against adulterated fertilizers purchase
- More soldiers to patrol Minneapolis as unrest takes hold nationwide
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Bauchi Gov. mourns ex-NNPC GMD, Baru
- Experts call for inclusive slums upgrade in Lagos,other cities
- COVID-19: Police Area Commander donates N400,000 worth food items, PPE, to officers wives in Warri
- MAN reports unsold inventory of N420bn