The monarch made the call in a congratulatory message to Muslim faithful in Ekiti and Nigeria in general, issued on Saturday in Ado-Ekiti, to mark the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
Alabi advised Islamic adherents to celebrate Eid-el Fitri, marking the end of 30 days fasting by observing laid down rules set out by government in the fight against COVID-19.
The monarch stressed that all religious leaders must also ensure that they worked in tandem with government to fight the deadly disease.
”The measures put in place by government like social and physical distancing in places of worship to stop the spread of COVID-19 are in the interest of the people. Only the living will continue to praise God,” he said.
Alabi reiterated the need for cooperation among Nigerians to check the spread of the disease, praising the efforts of Gov. Kayode Fayemi and Ekiti traditional rulers for their efforts to curb the spread of the disease.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Silas Nwoha (NAN)
- Trump seeks full withdrawal from Afghanistan without setting date
- Sydney Film Festival launches online program
- Uganda approves return of citizens stranded abroad over COVID-19
- Kyoto animation studio arson suspect arrested on suspicion of murder
- COVID-19 cluster detected on Australian live animal export ship
- Suspect in deadly arson attack at Kyoto animation studio arrested
- Urgent: 5.0-magnitude quake hits 92km S of Ierapetra, Greece — USGS
- Foreign-owned firms support over 730,000 jobs in California
- S. African president declares National Day of Prayer amid pandemic
- Uganda injects 270 mln USD into state-owned bank to boost industrialization
- Chile’s COVID-19 cases reach 77,961
- Twitter adds fact-check labels to Trump’s tweets on mail-in voting
- Palestinian fishermen work at port in Gaza City
- Serologic test results unable to judge whether to return people to workplace, says CDC
- LASEMA demolishes defective 2-storey building in Lagos
- Mask production line from China put into operation in Georgia
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits Port Vila of Vanuatu: USGS
- 4 police officers fired in U.S. Minnesota over death of black man
- U.S. VP Pence’s press secretary returns to work after testing positive
- LatAm economic climate index falls to three-decade low