Two members of the National Assembly from Oyo State, Sen. Abdulfatai Buhari and Rep. Segun Odebunmi, have felicitated with Muslims in the country as the world celebrates Eid-el-Fitri.
Buhari, APC-Oyo North, urged Muslim faithful to be more steadfast in their prayers and supplications to Almighty Allah who is capable of making everything possible.
The Chairman, Senate Committee on Land Transport, also urged the people not to limit their service to Almighty Allah to Ramadan.
He urged them to be more consistent and be at peace with every member of the society irrespective of their religion or political affiliation.
“Nigerians should also obey the guidelines and order laid down by the government on COVID -19. Our people should always ensure social distancing, regular hand washing and avoid public gathering,” he said.
The senator reinstated his commitment to qualitative representation and development of his constituency.
In his message, Odebunmi congratulated Muslims on the completion of Ramadan 1441 A.H, expressing optimism that coronavirus would soon be a history.
Odebunmi, Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Information and National Orientation, said that it was painful that this year’s Ramadan commenced and ended during the pandemic.
“Though this is not the best moment in our nation, but we need to intensify our prayers and commitment to Almighty God to forgive our sins and heal the land,” he said.
Edited By: Ifeyinwa Okonkwo/Wale Ojetimi (NAN)
- Leipzig Captain Poulsen out with ligament injury
- Global film festival aims to bridge coronavirus distances
- Real Madrid forward, Bale, questions critics of golf hobby
- Katsina Gov’t investigates causes of unusual rise in death rate
- LIRS further extends deadline for filing Annual Tax Returns to June 30
- Man United in talks with Ighalo’s club over Nigerian star’s future
- Kano Govt. clarifies on ongoing work at Sani Abatcha isolation centre
- Ondo 2020: No automatic ticket for Agboola — PDP
- Zoho offers guidance on right software for non technology companies
- Forensic Audit: NDDC 2019 budget was padded with over 500 fake projects – MD
- ACCI calls for stronger Nigeria-India economic relations
- UNECA encourages Africa to invest on digital transformation
- Sanwo-Olu commiserates with New Telegraph over editor’s death
- EEDC warns against obstruction of power line, condoles with family of Nnewi electrocution victim
- France reports more than 28,500 coronavirus deaths
- Gov. Matawalle appoints new Emir of Kaura Namoda
- COVID-19: NCDC activates additional 2 labs, bringing total to 28
- Espanyol, Leganes offer free 2020-2021 season tickets to fans
- Lockdown: Anambra, Delta adopt strategies to check movement on Niger Bridge
- Putin reschedules WWII parade to June 24 after delay due to pandemic