The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Oyo State Command, says no fewer than 1,025 of its personnel and 28 operational vehicles have been deployed for a crash-free and successful Eid-el-Kabir celebration.
The command made this known in a statement made available to newsmen in Ibadan on Thursday by the State Sector Commander, Mrs Uche Chukwurah.
Chukwurah said that the 1,025 Regular and Special Marshals were drawn from 11 FRSC formations in the state including the Sector Command Headquarters to man all major routes within the state.
She said that the command would be joining other FRSC formations nationwide in an operation tagged ‘’Eid-El-Kabir Special Patrol Operation’’ slated to hold from Aug. 9 to Aug. 16.
Chukwurah said the operation became imperative because it was believed that there would be increased travels before and after the celebrations.
She noted that it was projected that the celebrations would trigger an increase in human and vehicular traffic across major corridors on the nation’s highways.
The sector commander said the operation was to mitigate occurrence of road traffic crashes and other road-related emergencies which might stem from the surge in traffic volume and check traffic indiscipline during such festive seasons.
“It is the desire of FRSC that the Eid-el-Kabir festival is celebrated without incidence of road traffic crash and its corresponding menace,’’ she said.
She assured residents of the state and other members of the public traversing roads within the state of safety before, during and after the festival
“It is imperative to reiterate the essence of abstinence from risky road use behaviour and total adherence to all traffic laws as prescribed by extant traffic laws,’’ Chukwurah said.
Edited by Adeleye Ajayi
- Okuomose, Otuadinma win at Best of the Best Taekwondo Championship
- Arsenal’s Tierney to undergo shoulder surgery, out for 3 months
- Club World Cup: Monterrey to face Liverpool after beating Al Sadd
- Runsewe commends NCAA over initial suspension of Turkish Airline
- FRSC Edo Sector gets new Commander
- Group tasks leaders, Nigerians on time consciousness
- Cries about negative impact of border closure sponsored-Sen. Adamu
- Bankers committee earmarks N20bn to maintain national theatre
- Institute calls on govts. to allow INEC conduct local govt. elections
- Kwara Deputy Gov urges OGS old students to give back to Alma Mater
- Presidential aide criticises work done on Calabar-Itu highway by contractor
- Armed Forces College graduates 176 junior officers
- Osinbajo tasks clergy on writing to provide guidance, direction
- Why CBN must transfer Anchor Borrowers Programme to Agric Ministry – Sen. Adamu
- La Liga: Leaders FC Barcelona stumble to draw at Real Sociedad
- Sun Publishing Limited wants Justice Minister’s intervention as EFCC threatens to seal headquarters
- APC remains strong, intact in Zamfara — Yari
- Bournemouth stun Chelsea 1-0 away to end losing streak
- Group advocates women empowerment to check gender-based violence
- Lawmaker condoles with Mimiko, says mother death, great loss to Ondo
- 2 NGOs collaborate to clean up Lagos for healthy environment
- Buhari tasks universities on IGR for sustainable education
- Arts, cultural exchange strengthen relationships between countries – Emirati Artist
- Ismael, Akuso win maiden Ikogosi-Ekiti 10-km race
- CITN confers fellowship on 329, calls for professionalism
- NANS commends Gov. Oyetola for tackling youth unemployment in Osun
- Gov. AbdulRazaq reiterates commitment to Kwara’s socio-economic growth
- Bayern Munich batter Werder Bremen as Borussia Dortmund dominate Mainz
- Akeredolu condoles with Mimiko over mother’s death
- Ogun lawmaker donates equipment to health facilities in constituency
- Inclusive education: Stakeholders urge training of more special teachers
- Ethiopian Airlines to launch 3 weekly flights to Houston Monday
- Shareholders seek more mergers, acquisitions in cement industry
- Golf: U.S. fight back to leave Presidents Cup in the balance
- Salah scores twice as Liverpool sink struggling Watford
- Yuletide: Enugu FRSC seeks collaboration with state traffic agency
- Eko Disco records highest remittance efficiency in Q2, says NERC
- Doctors map out measures to forestall litigations over management of patients’ ailments
- Osinbajo in Ikenne, celebrates Otunba Adesina at 80
- Group wants Nigerians to imbibe waste management culture, recycling
- FG pledges to enhance operations of River Basin Development Authorities in 2020
- Soldiers clean up Ojuelegba axis of Lagos to enhance civilian/military relations
- Enugu hospital turns to pilgrimage ground as residents catch glimpse of quadruplets
- Poor Salary: Kaduna joint tertiary institution unions shelve planned strike
- NIMASA chief urges regular exercise to stay healthy, enhance productivity
- Expert urges Nigerians to imbibe savings culture
- Navy employs weight control mechanism to promote fitness
- Exhibit more political will in tackling nation’s security challenges, Cleric advises FG
- Gospel singer charges youths to start small, be humble
- Yuletide: Curfew, ban of fireworks still effective in Borno -Police