Eid-el-kabir: NSCDC deploys 1, 200 personnel in A’Ibom
Isaiah Eka 08039185152
Uyo, Ju!y 30, 2020 The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) in Akwa Ibom says it has deployed no fewer than 1, 200 personnel to ensure hitch-free Eid-el-Kabir celebration in the state.
Fadeyi said the deployment of personnel would cover mosques, borders, recreation centres and other strategic areas.
“To ensure a hitch-free Sallah celebration in the state, we have deployed 1,200 personnel across the 31 local government areas,” he said.
Fadeyi said the deployment became necessary to beef up security and to forestall breakdown of law and order.
He urged personnel of the corps to maintain utmost professionalism in dealing with members of the public.
“The general public is also urged to cooperate with our men by obeying safety guidelines as they celebrate,”he said.
Edited By: Azubuike Okeh/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- Worldwide offers of help keep coming as death toll in Beirut blast rises
- US partnership under ‘considerable strain’ – German industry chief
- Civil Servant docked over alleged criminal trespass, intimidation
- Belarusian presidential candidate, Dmitriev not ruling out cancellation of election
- Prime Minister Morrison confirms Australian killed in Beirut explosion
- Court remands man who pleaded guilty to stealing car, pending sentencing
- Port in Tripoli to perform functions of Beirut port destroyed by blast – Defense Council
- Beirut explosion: WHO to send medical supplies to Lebanon for injured – Spokesman
- Nestlé Nigeria appoints new MD
- Leaked UN Report on N. Korea shows United States should resume denuclearisation talks – NGO