Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Kano State Command, says it has deployed 2,500 personnel to ensure a hitch free Eid-el-Kabir celebrations in the state.
The Commandant, Mr Abu Tambuwal stated this in a statement by the spokesman of the Corps, Mr Ibrahim Idris, on Wednesday in Kano.
Tambuwal disclosed that the personnel would be deployed to various Eid prayer grounds and major routes to ease traffic flow and ensure safety on the roads.
He said the Corps would work in collaboration with other security agencies to enforce state government’s ban on festivals during the festive season.
The Commandant enjoined the residents to comply with the COVID-19 protocols such as social distancing, use of face mask, hand washing and good personal hygiene.
The Corps also provide Toll free numbers: 08033216588, 08036905413, and 08038041062.
Edited By: Folorunso Poroye (NAN)
- Cultism: Anambra CP summons DPOs, top police officers to emergency meeting
- UEL: Lukaku, Eriksen take Inter Milan past Getafe into last eight
- Manchester United move into Europa League last eight
- Kwara schools reopen, comply with COVID-19 protocols
- No plan to absorb repentant Boko Haram fighters into military – Presidency
- NSE, DICON collaborate to propel Nigeria’s technological advancement
- Delta Govt. to partner private sector in fight against COVID-19 pandemic — Okowa
- Stakeholders embark on NCDs research among People Living with HIV
- CUPP urges respect for protesters’ rights
- Mass sack: Pilots, engineers threaten to withdraw services