The Osun Deputy Governor, Mr Benedict Alabi, on Friday felicitated with Muslims around the world on the occasion of this year’s Eid-el-Kabir.
Alabi, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olaniyi Ajibola, said that the festival instilled the spirit of obedience and conviction of total submission to the will of Almighty Allah in every Muslim faithful.
He said that the rare obedience and utmost sacrifice displayed by Prophet Ibrahim should be a guiding principle of every Muslim and many others.
“I heartily rejoice with all Muslims around the world and Osun in particular, as I enjoin every individual to emulate the exemplary attribute of obedience and total submission to the will of Almighty God as prophet Ibrahim exhibited.
“Surely, the present challenge of ravaging pandemic would be a thing of the past if we completely submit everything to our creator and comply with necessary protocols of medical experts to contain the spread of the virus at our various communities,” Alabi said.
Edited By: Edith Bolokor/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse