Sen. Umaru Al-Makura (APC, Nasarawa South Senatorial Zone) has congratulated the Muslim Ummah across the country on the occasion of the Eid-el-Kabir celebration.
The former Nasarawa state governor urged them to intensify more prayers to attract God’s intervention in tackling the challenges bedevilling Nigeria.
The senator gave the advice in Lafia on Friday in his Sallah message to the Muslim faithful.
Al-Makura commended the Muslim Ummah for being able to commemorate the sacrificial act of Prophet Ibrahim in spite of the challenges bedevilling the country, especially the harsh impact of the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
He then urged them not to relent but use the occasion to intensify more prayers to God to intervene in the challenges bedevilling the country including a lasting solution for COVID-19 whose spread is increasing in the country.
“The celebration is coming at a time when Nigeria is in dire need of special prayers for God’s intervention on COVID-19 pandemic, and other challenges bedevilling the country.
“Therefore, I urge you, my brothers and sisters, let us use the opportunity of this occasion to intensify our prayers to attract the intervention of Allah in tackling these challenges for the benefit of the nation,” he said.
Al-Makura who is the Chairman, Senate Committee on Solid Minerals, Mines, Steel Development and Metallurgy also enjoined the Muslim Ummah to use the period to promote peace, mutual understanding and unity of the people in his constituency, the state and country at large.
The senator called on Muslims to use the Eid period to show more love and kindness to both Muslims and non-Muslims, the sick, the physically challenged, the poor and the elderly.
He also stressed the need for Muslims during the Sallah celebration to continue to adhere to all preventive measures, particularly maintenance of social distancing, wearing of face mask, regular hand washing, use of sanitiser, among others.
According to him, these will go a long way to control and contain the spread of Coronavirus for the wellbeing of the society.
He then called on the people of his constituency and the entire state to continue to pray for him, Governor Abdullahi Sule and President Muhammadu Buhari, to succeed in delivering the dividends of democracy in their various capacities.
Edited By: Felix Ajide (NAN)
- Devastated Sarri says he can’t be judged on basis of one match
- American golfer disqualified from PGA Championship after scoring error
- Ronaldinho inches closer to release from Paraguayan ordeal
- Edo polls: U.S expresses worry over deteriorating political climate, security interference
- 2020: China interfering against Trump, Russia against Biden — report
- NOSDRA, Agip investigate oil leak at Azuzuama, Bayelsa
- Environmental group urges African governments to rise against COVID-19, Climate and Health crises
- Police arrest suspects for criminal offenses, kill 1 in Niger
- Chelsea’s Kante ruled fit against Bayern-Lampard
- Gattuso says his Napoli are not just about grit and growls