The state Deputy Gov. Obafemi Hamzat, Speaker Mudashiru Obasa of the state Assembly, a former Governor and minister-designate, Mr Babatunde Fashola, and Lagos APC Chairman, Mr Tunde Balogun, are among the dignitaries.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that hundreds of Muslim faithful gathered on the Dodan Barracks prayer ground for the Eid-el Kabir prayers.
The prayers, which started at 9:00a.m., was led by Shiekh Sulaiman Abou-Nolla, the Grand Chief Imam of Lagos State.
Abou-Nolla said that Islam was against terrorism, violence, wickedness, suicide and killings.
He encouraged Muslims to be tolerant and just.
The cleric urged Muslims to do good to their friends and foes.
“Let it come to your knowledge that terrorism, extremism, kidnapping, banditry and killings are all forbidden for Muslims.
” Islam has taught us to establish peace, justice and righteousness and ensure security of lives and property.
“We urge our political office holders, as a matter of urgency, to further orientate Nigerian citizens on the need for national unity and integration.
“Nigeria is ours, there can be no place like home,” the cleric said,
He urged leaders to shun corruption and any acts that could make people to commit suicide.
“Emphasis should be placed on creating more employments for the teeming youths.
“Government should review the security architecture of the country and pursue good governance by investing in infrastructure and economic growth programmes,” he said.
He urged Muslims to show love and ensure that the poor around them were taken care of, saying they should be a source of blessing to their neighbours, the Islamic community and the entire world.
The cleric added that Islam frowned against divisions of any kind.
He urged Nigerians to have fear of God.
NAN reports that after the prayers, the cleric led in the symbolic slaughtering of sacrificial ram for the festival.
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst
- NCWD donates 100 laptops to deaf women, female artisans