There is excitement among football lovers in Ekiti as the Bet9ja football league kicks off, across different centres in the state, the media consultant to the league, Akeem Busari has said.
“The football competition is sponsored by Bet9ja with teeming football fans set to storm the different match venues in large numbers to support their teams to victory,” he said.
The Chairman of Ekiti State Football Association (FA), Bayo Olanlege, expressed optimisms about holding a successful competition, noting thst a positive chapter was about to be added to the history of football in the state.
He thanked Gov. Kayode Fayemi for providing an enabling environment for football and other sports to thrive in the state.
Olalenge restated the desire of the FA to develop football in the state, as well to build a sustainable football culture.
“I appeal to soccer fans to go to the match venue close to them to watch the league matches and witness first hand, the abundant talents scattered all over the state.
“The organising committee of the competition have put everything in place for a hitch free and memorable football league in the state.
“The teams are ready for honours, just as the match officials have also assured us of fair officiating at all matches,” he said.
Olalenge disclosed that His Royal Majesty, Oba Adejuwon Omonigbehin, the Olomuo of Omuo-Ekitiin, Ekiti East Local Government Area of the state would lead members of his traditional council and local government officials to Omuo-ore Grammar School, Omuo Ekiti, for the official kick off with the match between Ekiti East FC and Ikole United.
The Ajero of Ijero Kingdom, Oba Adebayo Ajewole and Chairman, Ijero Local Government Council, Mr Abiodun Dada, will lead other spectators to watch the match between Ijero United FC and Soccer Academy
The Nigeria News Agency reports that 18 teams divided into four groups will be participating in the football league, expected to be played on home and away basis.
A total of seven matches will be played across different venues on Wednesday in the Week 1 of the competition.
Match Day 1 August 6, 2019;
Group A: Gbosa FC vs Ikere Utd
Petemmal FC vs Ojorube FC
Moyero FC bye;
GROUP B: Ekiti East FC vs Ikole Utd
GROUP C: Ifishin Utd vs United FC;
Ijero Utd FC vs Soccer Academy
GROUP D: Kola Babes FC vs Phoenix ASC
Ajibade FC vs EKSU Galacticos
Flying Angels bye.
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union