Ekiti House of Assembly has confirmed former Clerk in the old Ondo State, comprising Ondo and the present Ekiti, Mr Alfred Ologuntoye as the Chairman of the state Fiscal Responsibility Commission, (FRC).
The Assembly members unanimously confirmed the nominees, sent by the Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, without much rigour due to the contributions of the nominees to the development of the state at one time or the other.
Earlier, Afuye had read a letter from the governor, requesting the concurrent approval for confirmation of the chairman and members of the state FRC.
The speaker described the nominees as fit and suitable for the job ahead, while motion for their confirmation was moved by Chief Gboyega Aribisogan, the Majority Leader (APC) and seconded by Adegoke Olajide Efon Constituency (APC).
Speaking on behalf of members, the newly confirmed chairman of FRC said his commission would ensure transparency and prudent management of public funds in Ekiti.
NAN reports that the Assembly also adopted the report of its Committee on Judiciary and Legal Matters, submitted by its Chairman, Mr Tajudeen Akingbolu.
Also, the speaker announced that the Assembly would proceed on four weeks recess commencing from Tuesday, June 30.
Edited By: Remi Koleoso/Adeleye Ajayi (NAN)
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi