The Ekiti Government says it is ready to partner with a consortium of firms in drawing the master plan on the best alternative source of electricity for the state.
The state Commissioner for Infrastructure and Public Utility, Mr Bamidele Faparusi, said on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti that the partnership with the private sector would improve power supply in every part of the state and boost economic activities.
Faparusi spoke while receiving a consortium of energy companies led by Dr. Wieber Boer, the Chief Executive Officer of All On Energy Company.
He said the firms were in the state to explore partnership opportunities on off-grid electricity.
The commissioner said that other companies in the consortium include Lumos, Starlight, OoluSolar, Rubitec Solar and GV Projects.
“Gov. Kayode Fayemi shared his administration’s Power Master Plan for Ekiti State with them and directed his team to commence discussion on areas of convergence to ensure that the state’s power situation is improved upon as early as possible
“ We are not unaware of the significance of electricity to economic development and that is why we are exploring alternative opportunities to generate power
“As we speak, the state government has viable dams, which we are investing in and our waterfalls are there too.
“ If we want to go through turbine system, we know all these can generate power for the state to make our medium scale enterprises work and to improve our Gross Domestic Product,” he said.
The commissioner commended the consortium for its confidence in the state government.
He gave an assurance that the state government was willing to partner with alternative power providers.
Faparusi said that the government had already commenced work on a Renewable Energy Policy that would attract investors to the energy sector.
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts
- Nigerian reseacher flays promotion of bone marrow transplant for HIV/AIDS cure
- INEC tasks stakeholders on free, fair elections
- Commission issues Certificates of Return to 16 LG chairmen in Ekiti