Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC) on Friday
announced plans to reward customers who pay above 50 per cent of their outstanding bills with free energy credit vouchers.
Nigeria News Agency reports that the 2019 EKEDC Customer Service Week, which has as its theme ”The Magic of Service”, will hold from Oct. 7 to Oct. 11.
Fadeyibi said the customer service week was an opportunity for the DisCo celebrate and appreciate its customers who were the firm’s most important stakeholders.
He said,” without our customers, we won’t be in business.
“It is also an opportunity to celebrate our staff who are our internal customers because they work effortlessly to ensure we achieve our goals.”
Fadeyibi said that the DisCo was currently rated the lowest in Aggregate Technical Commercial and Collection ATC& C losses, which, he said, was achieved through Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) investment.
He also said: “We have partnered with many orphanages as part of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
“We did a school feeding programme recently which has continued into this new session. We have partnered with Ikoyi Prisons to supply relief materials to inmates.
“We also involve ourselves with sports and youths development and one of our beneficiaries just won the just concluded squash competition in Abeokuta.
“We have a tennis event sponsored by us at Ikoyi club among others.”
According to him, the Lagos Waste Management Agency and Wayref Foundation have benefited from EKEDC CSR, while the company has also initiated a partnership with Nigeria Immigration Service.
He appealed to customers to fulfil their obligations as the company improved on the quality of services provided.
Fadeyibi noted that there had been increasing compliance by customers in terms of collection efficiency and thanked them for their cooperation. (NAN)
Edited by Gregg Mmaduakolam/Oluwole Sogunle
- Britain’s opposition Labour Party reports sophisticated cyber attack
- Adegboyega varsity to establish agro-solar power project -VC
- Security: Gov. Matawalle urges repentant bandits to sustain peace
- Thai police arrest 4 suspects over murder of Karen activist
- Amaechi, Peterside mourn death of Prof Tam David-West
- Kano Assembly urges government to construct access road in Kiru LGA
- Most states not implementing Contributory Pension Scheme — PENCOM report
- Russian PM endorses production of ebola vaccine for DRC, others at Novosibirsk facility
- Court discharges former IGP Ehindero, CP Obaniyi of N16.4m fraud charge
- Court discharges ex-IGP Ehindero, CP Obaniyi of N16.4m fraud charge
- Experts call for more green buildings to combat climate change
- Enugu community raises concern over alleged abandoned constituency projects
- Afghan government to conditionally release key Taliban prisoners
- Court remands 5 jobless men who allegedly robbed pedestrians
- Court remands 2 fake herbalists over alleged N5m fraud
- Journalism: Press Council calls for new Code of Ethics
- Trump to release transcript of first phone conversation with Ukrainian President this week
- Erdogan to discuss Syria with Putin after visit to U.S.
- Police arraign businesswoman for allegedly biting off apprentice’s cheek
- 2 in court for allegedly snatching Naval officer’s handbag