Election: Kaduna lawmaker calls for end to hate campaigns
Mr Labari Tella, member Kaduna State House of Assembly representing Jema’a constituency, has urged the electorate to stop heating up the system and casting aspersions on those vying for political positions.
Tella made the appeal in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Friday in Kafanchan.
He said that it was disheartening that some people are still using unguarded utterances targeted at defaming certain candidates in order to gain advantage in the polls.
“These developments, especially as proliferated on the social media are highly regrettable and I urge all and sundry, for the sake of peace, to desist from such acts.
“People should realise that beyond politics, we are our brothers and sisters keepers as such, let us not allow party, religious or ethnic affinities cause division among us,” he said.
Tella said voters should ignore such defamatory comments and turnout in large numbers to elect their candidates based on their convictions and desire to ensure credibility and transparency in governance.
“I urge the people to vote for candidates of their conscience, those who have the masses at heart and are willing to take Kaduna state and indeed the nation to the desired height,” he added.
- Assembly pledges proper upgrading of Sokoto Health Technology school
- Army releases emergency numbers for ‘Exercise Atilogwu Udo 1’
- Sickle Cell: Reps urge FG to introduce free, compulsory new born screening
- Appeal Court reaffirms election of 8 Sokoto lawmakers
- Data, veritable tool to achieving SDGs — Presidential aide
- Bayelsa: IPAC urges INEC to ensure free, fair, credible election
- Kagame delivers stern warning to persons trying to destabilise Rwanda
- NASS pledges support towards reducing Nigeria’s housing deficit
- FG to stop importation of steel materials – Minister
- NAHCO generates N7.38bn revenue in nine months
- TY Danjuma Foundation marks 10 years of philanthropy, promises more on healthcare
- Sudan inaugurates first childhood diabetes centre on World Diabetes Day
- Aisha Buhari inaugurates Kogi Presidential Lodge
- NNPC secures $1.16m US grant for 1,350MW Abuja Power Plant
- Airtel Africa set to expand Nigerian market with additional spectrum
- Group recommends procedures to enhance credibility of LG polls
- Kogi Election: Foundation cautions politicians against violence, malpractices
- Russia will recognise legitimate authorities in Bolivia only after elections – Zakharova
- Accident bureau releases preliminary reports on Air Peace incidents
- NSE market capitalisation inches N245bn, as fixed income instrument yields decline