Lagos SWAN Chairman, Debo Oshundun, said in a statement on Monday that Sanwo-Olu’s victory at the polls was a clear testament of the belief of Lagosians in the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate to take the state to the next level.
Oshundun said the mandate to lead the Centre of Excellence for the next four years was a great opportunity for Sanwo-Olu to leave his footprints on the sands of time.
“We sincerely congratulate Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu for this massive victory. It is indeed a call to service.
“Emerging as one of the chosen few to rise to the level of leading one of the biggest economies in Africa is a massive achievement and an opportunity that can only come once in a life time.” he said.
He said that the governor-elect was the only gubernatorial candidate that interfaced with the association and the general sports community in Lagos during his campaign.
“As a sports family and key stakeholder in the sports industry, we must commend the governor-elect for being the only candidate who gave Sports development a special mention during his campaign.
“Recognising sports as a key sector for a modern Lagos is something that is unprecedented and we are enthusiastic about what can be achieved in the next four years through sports,” the Lagos SWAN said.
Oshundun pledged SWAN’s willingness to partner with Sanwo-Olu to take sports development to greater heights in the state.
“We eagerly await a Lagos State of our dreams where grassroots sports development will play a major factor in youth empowerment,” he added.
- Google to offer checking accounts for consumers – WSJ
- Court sentences hairdresser to 3 months in prison for stealing shoes
- Gunmen kill 3 policemen in Kaduna LG
- Kaduna Govt takes over medical bills of woman locked up for 2 years by brother
- LUTH CMD reiterates commitment to efficient service delivery
- Housewife drags husband to court, seeks divorce over alleged rape
- MainOne’s CEO advocates broadband penetration for devt of digital economy
- APC heads to Appeal Court over disqualification of Deputy Governorship candidate
- Erdogan meets Trump at White House at testing time for U.S.-Turkey ties
- Nationwide Handball League: We’re confident of winning, says Anambra Coach
- Police recruitment: Court adjourns for PSC to respond to AGF’s application
- EU’s Juncker set to leave intensive care after aneurysm operation
- FRSC urges public to assist victims of road traffic crashes
- Man drags friend’s ex fiancée to court over alleged criminal intimidation, defamation
- Former Springboks coach Meyer steps down at Stade Francais
- Probably my best ever, says Thiem after Djokovic win
- Xhaka deserves respect, says former Arsenal skipper Vieira
- Group blames obsolete equipment for incessant collapse of national grid
- Gov. Ikpeazu urges Abia indigenes in South Africa to identify with state’s industrial revolution
- Court sentences truck driver to 2 years in prison for smuggling rice