Some observers and party agents in Auchi, Edo State, have commended INEC for the smooth conduct of the rescheduled Presidential and National Assembly elections.
They made the commendation while monitoring the elections in some parts of the Auchi on Saturday.
Mr Abubakar Abbas, an observer with Cleen Foundation (CF), who was in Jattu, Ward 11, Auchi, said that there was improvement in the delivery of election materials at the various polling units.
Abbas said that the card readers were all working well in all the polling units visited.
He also lauded the security presence at the polling units and orderliness of voters who turned out massively at the elections.
Ms Amidat Ilegar, a member of Center for Democracy Observer Group, said: “ the process had been peaceful and violence-free in all the areas visited.”
Ilegar commended INEC for prompt delivery of materials at the polling units, but advised that “INEC should not relent in improving in areas where they were faulty in the next elections.”
Mr Obidah Harrison, the All Progressives Congress (APC) Agent at Ward 11 Unit 1, Etsako West Local Government Area, also said he was satisfied with the conduct of the elections in the area.
Mr Musa Bameyi, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Agent in the same ward, also commended INEC for the smooth electoral process. (NNN)
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Students urge FG to take proactive measures for schools reopening
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Environmentalist ticks out govt. for inability to enforce environmental policies
- Ebonyi inaugurates committee to recruit 13,000 for FG’s Special Works Programme
- Farm inputs: Women farmers laud Gov. Buni
- Manchester City aren’t the only big spenders —- Guardiola
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Bauchi SUBEB’s Chairman warns engineers against use of substandard materials for projects