Gov. Mohammed Abubakar of Bauchi State
Scores of local Hausa singers in Bauchi State from various political parties defected to the All Progressive Congress (APC), to canvass for support for Gov. Mohammed Abubakar’s re-election in the state.
Alhaji Suleiman Majidadi, the leader Bauchi State Musical Studios presented the defectors to the state Chairman of APC,Alhaji Uba Nana, during a ceremony in Bauchi on Monday.
He said the singers who are of like minds, after due consultations, resolved to join the APC for continuity and progressive development of the state.
“We are here to declare our support for the second term re-election of Gov. Muhammad Abubakar.
“The singers are from the 20 local governments areas of the state, We are here to support the continuity of the APC led administration in the state,” he said.
Receiving them, Nana reassured the readiness of the ruling party to accord equal opportunity to members that join newly.
Nana called on them to work hard and contribute positively to the success of the party at the forthcoming gubernatorial and state Assembly elections in the state.
On his part, the governor urged the entire entertainment industry to use their talent and contribute towards the advancement of the democratic system in the country.
Abubakar, represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Nadada Umar, also implored the singers to assist the administration in enlightening the public on the achievements recorded so far.
“I urge you people in the entertainment industry to create awareness and sensitise voters on the achievements recorded and project the administration to ensure mutual understanding between the government and its people,” he said.
He pledged to support the singers with equipment and other needed instruments for the improvement of their services. (NNN)
edited by Ifeyinwa Okonkwo/Sadiya Hamza
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study