No fewer than 52 governorship candidates in Kano state would participate in the forthcoming governorship and House of Assembly elections on Saturday.
Mrs Rose Oriaran-Anthony, the Secretary, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) disclosed this in Kano state and made available to News Agency of Nigeria on Friday.
NNN reports that the document was issued through the Assistant Director, Public Affairs, INEC Kano State Office, Alhaji Garba Lawal-Mohamned.
She said that out of the number of contestants, eight are females while the remaining 44 are males.
According to her, those contesting for the seat include the incumbent, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje of the APC and Mr Abba Kabir-Yusuf of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Similarly, the People’s Redemption Party (PRP) has Salihu Takai, while Green Party and United People’s Congress (UPC) have A. A. Zaura and Amb. Ibrahim Gaya.
Other candidates are: Mohammed Abacha, Advance People’s Democratic Alliance (APDA), Umar Yakubu Dan Hassan, Action Democratic Party (ADP) and Ibrahim Sadauki Kabara, Young Progressive Party (YPP).
Also in the race are Jamilu Abbas, Accord, Idris Aliyu Zakari, Action Alliance (AA), Balarabe Bello, All Blending Party (ABP), Bello Ahmed Alhaji, ACD, Hajiya Halima A Ahmad, AD and Mohammad Mubarak Salisu, ADC.
Others are Ahmad Tijjani Auwalu AGA, Umar Tijjani Tsakuwa AGAP, Dahiru Idris Tamburawa ANDP, Yusuf Jibrin Oyoyo ANP, Muhammad Ibrahim APA and Farouk Bashir Baba APM.
Also in the contest are Haruna Danyaro Gaya APP, Iliyasu Abdu BNPP, Umma Ibrahim Adhama CAP, Hamza Adamu Nuhu DA, Abdullahi Rakayya M. DPC and Yahaya Muhammad Kyabo FJP.
Others are Furera Ahmad Yakubu FRESH, Almad Halliru Sawaba GDPN, Usman G Nasiru HDP, Muhammad Ahmad ID, Gali Auwalu Sule JMPP, Hamisu Abdulsalam Magaji KP and Muhammad Abdulahi Raji LP.
Other candidates include Muhammed Nasir Mukhtar LPN, Munnir Zango MMN, Lawan Musa Abdullahi MPN, Yusuf Amina Garba NAC, Abdullahi Jamilu Saleh NCP, Chedi Yasir Ahmed NDLP and Musa Maryam NEPP.
Also contesting the governorship seat are Inusa Zakari Gaya NFD, Mustapha Bala Getso NPM, Muhammed Nura Shehu NRM, Safiyan Salisu Abdul NUP, Ali Sale Yahaya Abdulhamid PCP, Abubakar Tanko M.S PDC, Ado Haruna Muhammed PPA and Abubakar Sadiq Umar PPC.
The rest are Abdulrazak Ahmed Bagazawa PPN, Isa Danladi Fatima RP, Bello Ado Hussaini SDP, Ibrahim Ahmad Umar SNC, Maimuna Muhammad UPP and Abubakar Ishak Yahaya ZLP.
Meanwhile, a total of 769 candidates are also expected to contest for the state assembly election in the state.
- S. Africa reports more COVID-19 cases as country prepares to ease lockdown
- Mongolia meets all requirements to be removed from FATF “grey list”: finance minister
- Russian COVID-19 cases climb over 380,000
- Vietnam to import live pigs for first time against domestic price hike
- Thailand’s Pattaya beaches to reopen under social distancing rules
- Thai-styled massage parlors, spa parlors, beauty salons, fitness centers in Thailand to reopen
- Australia remains “on track” in fight against COVID-19: PM
- Ex-CBN director lauds MPC over interest rate reduction
- Fitch grades Mongolia’s rating at B with stable outlook
- OPEC daily basket price stands at 28.45 USD per barrel
- Nigerian troops rescue 241 Boko Haram captives in NE state
- Thailand to further ease restrictions, shorten curfew hours
- Kyrgyzstan adds 68 COVID-19 cases, total at 1,662
- S.Korea to push for import of remdesivir as treatment for COVID-19
- LASG seeks professional bodies’ collaboration to stop building collapse
- Group tasks NASS leadership on full implementation of `revised condition of service’
- COVID-19 positive cases rise to 13,659 in Afghanistan
- Playing to an empty room: Paris orchestra plays Strauss in COVID-19 era
- Uzbekistan’s Tashkent witnesses high temperature weather
- Indian researchers attribute mass mortality of bats to heatstroke