No fewer than 52 governorship candidates in Kano state would participate in the forthcoming governorship and House of Assembly elections on Saturday.
NNN reports that the document was issued through the Assistant Director, Public Affairs, INEC Kano State Office, Alhaji Garba Lawal-Mohamned.
She said that out of the number of contestants, eight are females while the remaining 44 are males.
According to her, those contesting for the seat include the incumbent, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje of the APC and Mr Abba Kabir-Yusuf of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Similarly, the People’s Redemption Party (PRP) has Salihu Takai, while Green Party and United People’s Congress (UPC) have A. A. Zaura and Amb. Ibrahim Gaya.
Also in the race are Jamilu Abbas, Accord, Idris Aliyu Zakari, Action Alliance (AA), Balarabe Bello, All Blending Party (ABP), Bello Ahmed Alhaji, ACD, Hajiya Halima A Ahmad, AD and Mohammad Mubarak Salisu, ADC.
Others are Ahmad Tijjani Auwalu AGA, Umar Tijjani Tsakuwa AGAP, Dahiru Idris Tamburawa ANDP, Yusuf Jibrin Oyoyo ANP, Muhammad Ibrahim APA and Farouk Bashir Baba APM.
Also in the contest are Haruna Danyaro Gaya APP, Iliyasu Abdu BNPP, Umma Ibrahim Adhama CAP, Hamza Adamu Nuhu DA, Abdullahi Rakayya M. DPC and Yahaya Muhammad Kyabo FJP.
Others are Furera Ahmad Yakubu FRESH, Almad Halliru Sawaba GDPN, Usman G Nasiru HDP, Muhammad Ahmad ID, Gali Auwalu Sule JMPP, Hamisu Abdulsalam Magaji KP and Muhammad Abdulahi Raji LP.
Other candidates include Muhammed Nasir Mukhtar LPN, Munnir Zango MMN, Lawan Musa Abdullahi MPN, Yusuf Amina Garba NAC, Abdullahi Jamilu Saleh NCP, Chedi Yasir Ahmed NDLP and Musa Maryam NEPP.
Also contesting the governorship seat are Inusa Zakari Gaya NFD, Mustapha Bala Getso NPM, Muhammed Nura Shehu NRM, Safiyan Salisu Abdul NUP, Ali Sale Yahaya Abdulhamid PCP, Abubakar Tanko M.S PDC, Ado Haruna Muhammed PPA and Abubakar Sadiq Umar PPC.
The rest are Abdulrazak Ahmed Bagazawa PPN, Isa Danladi Fatima RP, Bello Ado Hussaini SDP, Ibrahim Ahmad Umar SNC, Maimuna Muhammad UPP and Abubakar Ishak Yahaya ZLP.
Meanwhile, a total of 769 candidates are also expected to contest for the state assembly election in the state.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students