Mr Dahunsi Muhammad, The State Coordinator of the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) in Zamfara has charged corps members in the state to be guided by the electoral guidelines during the March 9, Governorship and House Assembly Elections.
Muhammad gave the charge in Gusau on Thursday while speaking at a sensitisation tour of the NYSC Zonal Office in Gusau.
He advised the corps members to be apolitical while discharging their duties.
He told them to focus and concentrate on the national assignment trusted in their care, urging them to ensure that they uphold the integrity of the scheme during the exercise.
“You should avoid violation of electoral laws and refuse to compromise the national integrity in your care.
“You should avoid conniving with politicians to violate electoral rules and regulations,” he said.
According to him, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in collaboration with the security agencies in the state had made adequate arrangements to ensure effective security coverage for corps members during the exercise.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the coordinator, had during the tour visited Gusau, Bungudu and Tsafe Local Government Areas of the state ahead of the elections.
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers