Stakeholders in Sokoto state on Wednesday called for immediate deployment of more security personnel to crisis prone local government areas in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the stakeholders identified the local government areas as Wurno, Raba, Silame, Goronyo and Sabon Birni.
They noted that security challenges had affected the areas during the concluded Presidential and National Assembly elections.
Responding, the representative of Commissioner of Police, Mr Rabo Ishiyaku, however, assured that the police had made adequate arrangements for reinforcement of personnel to the affected areas.
Ishiyaku said a communication centre with representative of all law enforcement agencies had been established to respond to distress calls on 24-hour basis, including any shady deals during the elections.
The Representative of Department of State Security Services (DSS) at the meeting said they had received report of plans by some people to wear camouflage to impersonate security personnel.
Musa reiterated his stand not to compromise the electoral process and urged all stakeholders to conduct themselves with decorum.
“I swear to Almighty that I will not engage on any shady deals in respect of changing the election result,” the REC said.
He said distribution of materials for the elections had commenced in the presence of party representatives and security agents.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business