Ugwu made assertion at the council’s headquarters in Enugu on Thursday when the Enugu State Assembly Committee on Works visited him while supervising the state government’s projects at the council area as part of their quarterly oversight function.
He commended the committee for finding time to inspect the good works that the government was doing in the entire state, particularly in Enugu East LGA.
The chairman said that governor had done a lot of projects in the local government area since he came on board in December 2017.
“When you go out now you can start monitoring from the local government where the governor just flagged off Nike Lake, Harmony Estate down to Adoration ground road to Emene.
“After that, he now procceded to Orie Emene junction then to the same Adoration ground, he has extended a lot of projects to that area before going to Emene you can even supervise the one at Achakpa by Ugboye by-pass.
“There is another one at Trans-Ekulu; let me just mention these few ones and these road projects are so lengthy.
Reacting, the Chairman of the committee, Mr Chima Obieze, said that they came to supervise the numerous state government projects they passed in the budget and also to ensure that contractors stand on the stipulated measurement as contained in the contract document.
“Because you see sometimes, you award contracts and if you leave the contract unsupervised, the contractors can come to the site and begin to do something else.
“Before we arrived in the council headquarters, we saw some couple of changes in the local government and we are aware that some of those projects were not the state government projects.
“It became obvious that the local government on their own has been complimenting what the governor is doing at the state level, so, what it means is that your effort combined with what the governor is doing will bring a positive change in the council area.
“So, we are here to commend you for your good works in the council area and then to inform you that we are in your domain to visit some works that the governor of Enugu State is doing in this council area.
“So, we commend you once again and ask you to continue, the hallmark of greatness is service to humanity, so continue to serve your people with diligence, hard work and commitment,” he said.
Obieze urged him to continue to learn from the master of the game, the governor so that together they could make Enugu State great again.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the committee also supervised the state government’s projects at Ezeagu LGA which, they also said, was satisfactory.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA