“After tedious search by the rescue and investigation team for the black box of a 737-Max 8 plane, Ethiopian Airlines announces that the Digital Flight Data Recorder (DFDR) and Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of ET302 have been Recovered.’’
The Nairobi-bound Boeing 737-8 MAX crashed near Bishoftu town, about 45 km from the capital, Addis Ababa, just minutes from take-off from Bole International Airport, the airline said in a statement.
“Ethiopian has continued monitoring the situation closely with all stakeholders and is providing all the necessary support to the families of the deceased in its temporarily established family assistance centres in Addis Ababa and Nairobi Airports,” the statement added.
Earlier on Monday, Ethiopian Airlines announced its decision to suspend commercial operations of all Boeing 737-Max 8 aircraft.
In another development, Indonesia is considering helping Ethiopian authorities investigate the crash of an Ethiopian Airlines aircraft, an official said.
“We have proposed to the (Indonesian) Ministry of Transportation that we assist, but it hasn’t been decided yet as we’re still discussing it,” said Indriantono, a spokesman for the National Transportation Safety Committee (KNKT).
The crash on Sunday was the second involving a Boeing 737 Max 8 in just over four months, after a flight operated by Indonesian budget carrier Lion Air plummeted into the Java Sea shortly after take-off on Oct. 29, killing 189 people.
- Court sentences Czech man to 26 months in prison for stealing pancakes during lockdown
- Democracy Day: Group tasks FG on security
- Volkswagen to invest €2bn in Chinese electric vehicle market
- 17 suspected sea pirates nabbed in Rivers
- UEFA likely to fast-track competitions in one venue, Getafe president says
- Ethiopian security forces committed 39 extrajudicial killings- Amnesty
- Senate President appoints Fema Special Assistant on Sports Development
- Ondo Assembly calls for review of oil palm company policies
- Malaysia reports 103 new COVID-19 cases, 7,732 in total
- COVID-19: C/River govt. seeks financial support from FG, others
- Spain to relax restrictions from Monday
- India hits record 7,466 cases daily virus infections, Official says
- S. African gov’t unveils guidelines for religious gatherings amid pandemic
- S.Africa to open up economy from June under eased lockdown regulations
- Indian PM meets home minister as 4th phase of COVID-19 lockdown nears completion
- NEMA distributes relief materials to 478 victims of banditry in Sokoto
- France’s Renault to slash around 15,000 jobs worldwide
- Excited Plateau rural community celebrates first borehole
- COVID-19: AMAC Chairman donates 3 months salary for council wage bill
- COVID-19: Group calls for intensified prayers to end virus