“After tedious search by the rescue and investigation team for the black box of a 737-Max 8 plane, Ethiopian Airlines announces that the Digital Flight Data Recorder (DFDR) and Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) of ET302 have been Recovered.’’
The Nairobi-bound Boeing 737-8 MAX crashed near Bishoftu town, about 45 km from the capital, Addis Ababa, just minutes from take-off from Bole International Airport, the airline said in a statement.
“Ethiopian has continued monitoring the situation closely with all stakeholders and is providing all the necessary support to the families of the deceased in its temporarily established family assistance centres in Addis Ababa and Nairobi Airports,” the statement added.
Earlier on Monday, Ethiopian Airlines announced its decision to suspend commercial operations of all Boeing 737-Max 8 aircraft.
In another development, Indonesia is considering helping Ethiopian authorities investigate the crash of an Ethiopian Airlines aircraft, an official said.
“We have proposed to the (Indonesian) Ministry of Transportation that we assist, but it hasn’t been decided yet as we’re still discussing it,” said Indriantono, a spokesman for the National Transportation Safety Committee (KNKT).
The crash on Sunday was the second involving a Boeing 737 Max 8 in just over four months, after a flight operated by Indonesian budget carrier Lion Air plummeted into the Java Sea shortly after take-off on Oct. 29, killing 189 people.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students