Etoile Sportive du Sahel (ESS) coach Roger Lemerre on Saturday said his players were ready to pick at least a point against Rangers International Football Club on Sunday in Enugu.
Rangers are hosting the visiting Tunisian side from Sousse in the reverse fixture of their 2018/2019 CAF Confederation Cup Group B pairing at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium.
The former CAF Champions League winners arrived on Friday for the Match Day 4 fixture with a 40-man delegation.
They arrived very optimistic of getting a victory, going by the fact that they were able to beat Rangers 2-1 last weekend to halt their unbeaten run on the continent.
Speaking during a media briefing on Saturday, Lemerre said his club would work hard to get the maximum points to boost their chances of qualifying for the final stages.
The Frenchman who was a coach of Morroco, Tunisia and France at different times said his players’ confidence level was quite high.
“The players and technical crew are determined to come out victorious in this match,’’ he said.
Also, the team’s captain, Abdar Sethi, while noting that Rangers are formidable and a tactical and pacy side, however said “but we will curtail their forays’’.
In the other match in the group, Burkina Faso’s Salitas FC host CS Sfaxien of Tunisia on Sunday in Ouagadougou.(NNN)
- Bolsonaro under pressure over his Trump-following route
- India’s western Maharashtra state sees daily record of 105 COVID-19 deaths
- Trump to issue executive order on social media — reports
- India’s COVID-19 death toll rises to 4,531 as total cases reach 158,333
- Nigeria records 389 new cases of COVID-19, highest daily figure ever, NCDC says
- New Zealand job numbers fall sharply
- Libya reports highest daily increase in COVID-19 cases
- New Zealand confirms no new case of COVID-19 for 6 consecutive days
- S.Korean president’s approval rating stays high at 61.5 pct: poll
- Australian authorities baffled over death of 30-year-old man with COVID-19
- News Corp Australia announces shutdown of over 100 print titles in major digital shift
- Armed man shot dead by police on busy Australian freeway
- S.Korea cuts interest rate to new record low of 0.50 pct over COVID-19
- S.Korea cuts interest rate to all-time low of 0.50 pct over COVID-19
- APEC senior officials hold virtual discussions on cooperation for economic recovery from COVID-19
- Russia postpones SCO, BRICS summits amid COVID-19 pandemic
- S.Korea reports 79 more COVID-19 cases, 11,344 in total
- African swine fever costs Asia between 55 bln and 130 bln U.S. dollars: ADB experts
- S.Korea’s c.bank slashes 2020 economic growth outlook to 0.2 pct contraction
- Rwandan commercial motorists required to go cashless to curb COVID-19 spread