The Evergreen Musical Company is set to join the Lagos State Government”>Lagos State Government, through a song to sensitise residents on measures at preventing further spread of COVID-19 in the state.
According to her, the song is titled ‘Orin Ajumose’; meaning song of synergy.
Esho said that the music was inspired by a popular Lagos State slogan ‘Igbega Eko ti di Ajumose’.
She said it would be distributed to all radio and television stations across the nation to further sensitise the public, particularly the grassroots, on ways to prevent spread of the deadly coronavirus disease.
The musical company executive applauded Gov. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on the proactive measures taken in combating the dreadful disease.
Esho, an Anthropologist, recalled that research studies showed that the first major outbreak of a similar epidemic like COVID-19, called Spanish Influenza, occurred in 1920.
She said the outbreak of spanish influenza resulted in the total lockdown of schools churches, mosques, theatres, entertainment centers and more.
According to her, music had been a powerful tool used to heal the world and relieve tension during wars, epidemics, famine, austerity, among others.
She, however, called out on other Nigerian musicians and musical associations to join in using their music as a means of information dissemination to the public on the global pandemic.
“For instance, Jazz music icon, Louis Armstrong, recorded the evergreen song ‘What a Beautiful World’’ in 1968 and dedicated it to victims of Vietnam war with the hope of mending some shattered lives.
“Also, the chart buster ‘We are the World,’ written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie in 1985, was to relieve starving people in Africa, especially Ethiopia, where around a million people died during the country’s 1983 – 1985 famine.
“Few Nigerian indigenous musicians like Kwam 1, Ibitayo Jeje, Amo Musicals, Orits Wiliki, Esther Igbekele, Adegbodu Twins, Lanre Teriba, Edaoto, Dele Gold, Mega99, have also raised their voices in sensitising the public on COVID-19,” she said.
Watch Live News
- COVID-19: Enugu CP warns residents on shutdown of public places
- Bosnian band cheers up fans with weekly online quarantine shows
- UN defends WHO against allegation of being China-centric on COVID-19
- COVID-19: Katsina Govt. lifts suspension on Friday prayers
- COVID-19: Police nab 2 pilots for allegedly violating restrictions on local flight in Rivers
- Golf-Immelman says Masters in November presents new challenge
- Police warn residents against violating restriction order in Niger
- Oyo govt. to establish energy centre to generate electricity
- Sanitize your mobile phone jackets as safeguard against COVID-19 pandemic, Doctor advises
- Nigeria records 16 fresh COVID-19 cases, as Katsina, Delta records first case