An Ile-Ife Magistrates’ Court on Thursday sentenced a 27-year-old ex-convict, Hammed Adewale and his accomplice, Oluwaseyi Emmanuel, 30, to 10 years imprisonment for theft.
The Magistrate, Muhibah Olatunji, summarily tried and convicted the defendants after they pleaded guilty to the four-count charge of conspiracy, break-in and entry and stealing.
Olatunji sentenced each of the convicts to five years imprisonment without an option of fine.
Earlier, the Prosecutor, Cpl. Olawale Odusina, had told the court that the defendants conspired among themselves to commit the offences on July 18, 2019.
He told the court that the two, at about 02:00 am, at Onireke Street, Ile-Ife, broke into the shop of the complaint, Afolabi Jamiu and stole an Amplifier, a stabilizer, one Torchlight, a bottle of red wine, 10 bottles hot drinks among others.
The prosecutor, who put the cost of the stolen items at N32,000, said the offences contravened the provisions of Sections 383, 390(9), 411, 412 and 516 of the Criminal Code Laws of Osun, 2002
- Ebonyi indigenes laud FG for establishing College of Education in Isu
- Court fixes June 3 to hear substantive suit filed by 31 deregistered political parties
- Expert seeks implementation of energy policy framework
- Volkswagen announces two-bln-euro investment in electric mobility in China
- Lagos Deputy Governor assures good governance in spite of COVID-19
- Roundup: COVID-19 cases in Asia-Pacific region continue to rise as India reports biggest daily jump of 7,466 new cases
- EU seeks tougher China policy ahead of possible summits
- Angola extends deadline of Port of Luanda terminal international tender
- Taiwan decriminalises adultery in human rights milestone
- Japan’s factory output drops to 7-year low in April due to virus outbreak
- Morocco’s former PM Abderrahmane Youssoufi dies at 96
- Ex-commissioner lauds Gov. Umahi’s achievements in Ebonyi
- Niger govt. inaugurates community policing advisory committee
- Court sentences Czech man to 26 months in prison for stealing pancakes during lockdown
- Democracy Day: Group tasks FG on security
- Volkswagen to invest €2bn in Chinese electric vehicle market
- 17 suspected sea pirates nabbed in Rivers
- UEFA likely to fast-track competitions in one venue, Getafe president says
- Ethiopian security forces committed 39 extrajudicial killings- Amnesty
- Senate President appoints Fema Special Assistant on Sports Development