Alhaji Hashimu Gurku, a former member of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, on Saturday felicitated with Sen. Tanko Al-Makura over his honorary doctorate degree by Federal University, Lafia (FULafia).
Gurku, who represented Karu/Gitata constituency from 2015 to 2019, gave the commendation in Lafia in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency on the sidelines of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th combined convocation ceremony of the institution.
Gurku, who is the Special Adviser to Gov. Abdullahi Sule on Erosion Control and Waste Management, also lauded the management of the university for honouring the former governor of the state.
“The immediate past governor of the state and now a Senator representing Nasarawa South, Sen. Tanko Al-Makura, had done so much to the development of the state and the university in which the university recognised him with the award.
“Al-Makura has provided infrastructural development to the university such as road network among other infrastructural development.”
Gurku described Al-Makura’s award as well-deserved while calling on the senator not to relent in his efforts toward developing his senatorial district, state and Nigeria at large.
The ex-lawmaker urged the people of the state to support the present administration to enable the leaders succeed in the task ahead of them.
The governor’s aide also enjoined the people of the state to live in peace and tolerate one another irrespective of their affiliations for development to thrive.
Other recipients of the award were Sheikh Dahiru Usman-Bauchi, Amb. Ahmed Gazali and Alhaji Adulsamad Isiyaku Rabi’u, while Alhaji Isa Mustapha Agwai, the late Emir of Lafia who died in 2019, was conferred with a posthumous Doctors of Letters (Honoris Causa).
They were honoured for their positive contributions to the development of the institution and nation in various ways.
Edited By: Muhammad Suleiman Tola
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 5 new cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: FCTA begins decontamination of Abuja
- COVID-19: PDP tasks NASS on proposed N500bn intervention fund
- NNPC repairs vandalised pipeline at Mosan, Ipaja Lagos – LASEMA
- KDSG to prosecute anyone caught diverting food for vulnerable people – Commissioner
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Update on the Covid-19 Outbreak in Uganda
- Kaduna food distribution: Poor people not getting items – Coalition
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Notification on Situational COVID 19 Update
- COVID-19: Oyo govt to fumigate markets in the state
- Coronavirus – Kenya: Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital becomes COVID-19 facility
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa assesses progress and challenges on implementation of Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: LASG to punish officials undermining welfare programme
- Buhari condoles with Kano community over demise of 2 prominent citizens
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Lagos offers free treatment for maternity, emergency patients
- Singapore reports 75 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Gynaecologist calls for sustained antenatal, maternal care for pregnant women
- COVID-19: Bangladesh extends public transport shutdown to April 11 to contain spread
- COVID-19: Yobe Govt says suspected case negative
- Oshiomhole @ 68: APC Governors laud party chairman’s commitment to national unity
- BNSG accuses Uji, former Teachers service board boss, of financial impropriety