A former lawmaker, Mr Olusegun Olulade, has lauded Mr Rauf Aregbesola, Minister of Internal Affairs, for collaborating with the Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to improve the internal security in Nigeria.
Olulade, a former member of the Lagos State House of Assembly, gave the commendation on Monday in Lagos.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that agencies under the ministry include Nigeria Immigration Service; Nigeria Correctional Service, Federal Fire Service and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corp.
Olulade spoke during his courtesy visit to Aregbesola, saying that he had come to conclusion that people like him were more needed in the “Project Nigeria”.
The lawmaker said since assuming office as a minister, Aregbesola had continued to display professionalism and commitment to humanity and service to the nation.
“Since you assumed office, you have shown that the nation has a lot to gain from your wealth of experiences and depth of knowledge. You are a man of many ideas.
“The nation is already benefiting from your large capacity of experience.
“Right from Lagos State, as a Commissioner and down to Osun as a governor, you have continued to show leadership quality.
“In less than a year in office, you have continued to contribute more to the socioeconomic and political developments of our dear country.
“Your ministry has been collaborating with relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to tighten internal security of the country,” he said.
Olulade, who represented Epe Constituency II in the House between 2011 and 2019, said that Aregbesola had not reneged on the promise he made when he assumed duty in the ministry.
He said the minister had provided necessary leadership to the ministry and its agencies in a way that would ensure the safety of all Nigerians.
Olulade said he had been working round the clock with relevant stakeholders in the security sector to make Nigeria a safe and secure nation.
Responding, Aregbesola appreciated the visit of the lawmaker, adding that the motive of this administration was to move the country to the ‘Next Level’ of socioeconomic development.
Edited & Vetted By: Olagoke Olatoye
- Man, 27, drowns in Kano pond
- COVID-19 : EKSG introduces tax relief, incentives for businesses
- Apapa congestion : NUPENG directs tanker drivers to suspend services in Lagos
- Buhari to inaugurate NCDMB’s 17-storey hqtrs Aug. 13
- VP Osinbajo wants deepening of PPP for infrastructure development
- COVID-19: UN’s Deputy Secretary-General urges solidarity among countries
- Gombe State Govt begins fumigation of 2,021 schools ahead of reopening
- Ministry of Communications wins FG’s 2020 innovation competition prizes
- COVID-19: World Bank approves $114.28 m for Nigeria
- NSE: Trading sustains bullish trend, rises 0.45%