An Ilorin-based Information and Communications Technology (ICT) expert, Mr Segun Adewale, has called on the Federal Government to inaugurate a special team to check activities of internet fraudsters in the country.
Adewale made the call in Ilorin on Thursday while speaking with the Nigeria News Agency on the increase in the activities of internet fraudsters in the country.
He said there was need for urgent action by the Federal Government to end the menace in the society.
“Government needs to take a bold step by employing a special team to track internet fraudsters. It is becoming a daily occurrence that deserves urgent approach.
“If it requires to employ foreign experts to come on board, so be it. The government must be ready to end the evil practices not minding the cost.
“Nobody is safe again from the so-called hackers. Your bank account is not safe; your social media account is unsecured.
“Nothing like privacy again with the rise in internet fraudsters. Even higher institutions portals are no more secure again as it is being accessed and tampered with by external bodies,’’ he said.
The expert urged the government not to neglect the rise in internet fraud and act fast to rescue the situation.
He also advised the Federal Government to ensure a heavy penalty is placed on whoever is caught in such an act.
“Government must wake up to say `No’ to internet cheat,’’ Adewale said.
Edited by Adeleye Ajayi
- Queens College PTA wants unity schools’ participation in 2020 WASSCE
- Major shake-up in Nigerian Army as 37 Generals redeployed
- Buhari commiserates with Delta fire victims
- Rotary club president pledges more services to humanity
- Coronavirus: Kwara health workers demand hazard allowance
- Transport unions, FRSC sign agreement on Coronavirus safety measures in Kaduna
- Kano Emir re-appoints kingmaker 17-years after he was removed
- Ekiti Govt, CIPM collaborate on capacity devt
- 602 repentant Boko Haram members denounce membership
- United States-based fertiliser coy to establish African branch in Kebbi