According to him, most Nigerians ought to be aware of the existence of Ekiti’s tourism sites in order to explore them during leisure and know more about the rich Yoruba history.
“Ekiti State is blessed with lots of natural tourism endowments which I feel people should explore better; for picnics, sight seeing and hiking, the Orole Hills in Ikere-Ekiti provides such pleasure.
“It is believed that the hill was a woman who was worshiped as a goddess of prosperity.
“We have the Ikogosi Warm Spring, the Erinta Waterfall at Opole-Iloro, close to Ikogosi, which has 7 steps; the Erin Ayonigba Sacred Fish River situated in Erinjiyan- Ekiti is a river that flows upwards with thousands of fish that can neither be killed nor consumed, this is sacred.
” Also, Esa Cave at Iyin-Ekiti that can accommodate a huge number of people, it was said to have shielded the people of the town during their internecine wars in the Yoruba land,” he said.
Ojo-Lanre said that the palace of the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti remained a fascinating tourism site due to the traditional architectural design, urging Nigerians to explore the state generally.
He said the state was working on rebranding its festivals to attract both local and international tourists.
Edited by Wale Ojetimi
- Man arrested in Riyadh for attacking 3 performers with knife
- LASWA partners food, beverage coys on removal of debris on waterways
- Kenya’s lending cap repeal removes hurdle to rate cut – cenbank governor
- Taiwan to take delivery of 66 F-16 fighter jets from U.S by 2026
- Swine flu kills fourth person in Vietnam in 2019
- South Africa’s Telkom in deal talks despite plunging profit
- Combination of mushroom extracts boosts immune system – Aussie research
- Visa to acquire stake in Nigeria’s Interswitch
- Egypt’s central bank seen making third straight cut to key rates – Survey
- Oil prices gain as market awaits signals on U.S.-China trade talks
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77