The Police Command in Akwa Ibom has arrested 121 persons for contravening the Quarantine and Restriction of Movement (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2020, on compulsory use of face mask in public places.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, CSP Nnudam Fredrick, said this in a statement issued in Uyo on Friday.
Fredrick said all the arrested offenders would be charged to court to serve as deterrent to others in the bid to contain the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in the state.
“The arrested offenders would be arraigned in the special courts established in the three senatorial districts to serve as deterrent to others.
“Consequently, the Police Command enjoins the good people of the state to always use face masks in public places as the command will continue to arrest and prosecute violators,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the police on June 30 issued a statement to remind the people on the compulsory use of face mask in public places.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Oluwole Sogunle (NAN)
- NGOs donate food items to widows, vulnerable in FCT community
- Poland braces for influx from Belarus after crackdown
- Censors board seizes, destroys illicit films worth N3.5bn in 3 years – DG
- Iran denies seizure of Venezuela-bound gasoline tanker by United States
- Delta SUBEB chairman urges contractors to deliver classrooms projects within 90 days
- FG moves to prevent job losses in Aviation sector
- German FM congratulates Israel on ‘historic’ mending of UAE ties
- Vietnam registers to buy Russian COVID-19 vaccine
- India’s COVID-19 death toll now world’s 4th highest
- Google stops responding directly to data requests from Hong Kong government