A fake corps member, Benneth Omosa,who allegedly trespassed into the some offices in the NYSC headquarters, Maitama and stole two cell phones, on Thursday appeared in a Grade I Area court.
The police charged Omosa, whose address was not given with criminal trespass and theft.
The Prosecution Counsel, Stanley Nwaforaku told the court that on Jan. 31, the defendant criminally trespassed into NYSC headquarters, Maitama, Abuja premises, and pretended to be a youth corps member waiting to collect his certificate.
Nwaforaku alleged that the defendant stole two cell phones belonging to NYSC Staff members.
He said that the phones were recovered from the defendant.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 348 and 288 of the Penal Code.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Judge, Salihu Ibrahim, admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N250,000 with one surety in like sum.
Ibrahim adjourned the case until March 4 for hearing.
Edited By: Kevin Okunzuwa/Sadiya Hamza
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 – 5pm EAT)
- COVID-19: NCDC receives 4 ambulances from Aliko Dangote foundation for response activities in Lagos
- COVID-19: Motorists defy intra-state and inter-state ban in Niger
- Coronavirus – Africa: 46 countries reporting a total COVID-19 3,977 cases, 117 deaths, and 286 recoveries
- COVID-19: Zamfara opens isolation centre
- COVID-19: AMAC notifies residents of markets’ closure
- Plateau Govt. Establishes COVID-19 Eradication Fund for the vulnerable
- COVID-19 FCTA stops church programme, wedding reception
- Kaduna lockdown: Traditional leader urges citizens to be law abiding.
- Akure explosion: Federal lawmaker commiserates with victims