Oba Abdulwasiu Omogbolahan Lawal, the Oniru, has set unification of the larger royal families and economic prosperity of Iruland in Lagos State as his priorities for the kingdom.
Mr Hakeem Akintoye, Private Secretary to the monarch made this known in a statement on Wednesday in Lagos.
Akintoye stated that the new Oniru was not interested in any mundane things amidst reported bickering.
According to him, the vision of the new monarch is the continuous growth in leaps and bounds of the kingdom, which remains one of the economic nerve-centres in Lagos.
He stressed that Oba Lawal was not distracted by the ugly incidence but would rather continue to urge all sons and daughters of Iru royal families to join hands with him toward the realisation of his vision.
“There is no doubt that the future of Iru Kingdom will continue to be bright and promising, as the ascension of Oba Lawal, marks the start of the next phase of the journey into that future with development initiatives.
“Many parties are just uncomfortable with the fact that it is no longer business as usual,’’ he said.
The private secretary noted that under Oba Lawal’s kingship, the future of Iru Kingdom looked brighter and promising.
Akintoye added that the monarch’s past performance as commissioner under three administrations in the state and his legacy, in the ministries of agriculture and housing, stood him out as one who would bring further positive transformation to the kingdom.
While noting that the palace would not give room for division in the royal family, the secretary assured that Oba Lawal would continue to adopt an open-door policy in directing the affairs of the kingdom.
“The Oniru assures all residents and members of the Iru Kingdom of his commitment to unity and progress as promised during his installation as the 15th Oniru of Iruland on June 7.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Abdulfatah Babatunde (NAN)
- FC Barcelona’s Umtiti tests positive for COVID-19
- Bauchi Gov. condoles family of murdered lawmaker, Mante
- Football united behind Infantino, FIFA general secretary says
- Council approves health care provision fund guideline
- Labour ministry denies complicity in human trafficking
- UN ‘strongly condemns’ rights abuses in Cameroon
- Tourism operators reveal Top 10 romantic destinations for honeymoon in Nigeria
- DG NTA lauds Lalong for peace efforts in Plateau
- Post COVID-19: Ministry holds public enlightenment on legal metrology
- Expert call for adequate funding to promote research on stem cell transplant