Yobe State Women Farmers Association has commended Gov. Mai Buni for providing them with tractor, fertiliser and other farm inputs to boost their agricultural productivity.
The Yobe farmers’ women leader, Hajiya Kellu Isa made the commendation on Tuesday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Damaturu.
“We must commend Gov. Mai Mala Buni for giving due consideration to women in both urban and rural areas of the state, particularly in agricultural sector.
”We must also commend our governor for providing us with tractor, fertiliser, chemicals and other inputs to boost our yield,” she said.
Isa said that the government’s gesture would spur women farmers to be more committed to farming.
NAN had earlier reported that the governor recently procured 103 tractors and 7,500 tonnes of NPK fertiliser and distributed to farmers including women, youths and vulnerable groups across the 17 local government areas.
Edited By: JaneFrances Oraka/Grace Yussuf (NAN)
- Not the right time for me to return to Barca as coach, Xavi says
- Anambra monarchs protest suspension, say “nothing warrants it”
- Edo Election: Ize-Iyamu promises to harness solid minerals in Akoko-Edo
- COVID-19: Commission refunds 2020 Hajj intending pilgrims in Adamawa
- Edo 2020: Crowds at rallies thrill Shaibu
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC